Rear axle identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear axle identification.

Hi guys, as today has been a beautiful December day here in Cornwall, can't believe it, a week before Christmas and I was outside in a tee shirt for some of today. Anyway I have been getting on with the stripdown of my roadster. Removed the rear axle and will need gaskets and oil seals. Trouble is it is not the 1.3 rear axle and diff as I already got one of those in the garage. I stripped the diff out to count the teeth and the crown wheel has 41 teeth and the pinion gear has 9 teeth giving a ration of 4:56 I think. The hubs are 9.5" and the pcd is approx 114mm, the width from inner hub to inner hub is 48". Can anyone identify this axle please, mgb, 1.8 ?
    Many thanks,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by meverett; 18-12-16, 09:03 PM. Reason: Forgot to say thanks

Re: Rear axle identification.

A photo of the brake shoes to help identify. Cheers,
    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like you can pull the half shafts out from the hubs without the bearings and 9 to 41 teeth makes it a 10cwt van axle, just what the trials boys like!! who's a lucky boy then.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Great thanks for that. I am going to be using my other 1.3 axle as building for road use so this may be surplus. What sort of value is there in it?
        Thanks again, Cheers,

Comment

Just a thought, if you are swapping axles, was your car built around all commercial parts?
          What is the PCD of the front wheels?
          if you swap the rear axle for a standard Marina you will need some new rims to suit.

Comment

Hi Steve, yes it is all based on commercial so front hubs are the same pcd.
            Not a problem as I have all the Marina parts for standard road use.
            Cheers,

Comment

Working...
            X