Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why can't i post a new thread in for sale section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why can't i post a new thread in for sale section?

as above , no link to post!

Re: why can't i post a new thread in for sale section?

Because you need to be a member, the logic of which beats me!
    Can a committee member please explain?

Comment

but i am, have been since 1997/8, so hows that work then??

Comment

Use the "contact us" box on the main website page and I am sure the web master will fix.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

It's an ongoing problem from April 2016 when it was first spotted, by me!
          Ben is right though, only the webmaster, combined with the membership secretary can sort it out, and with new year approaching fast, I guess they have other priorities.
          But, not wanting to be negative, our membership sectertary suffers from the same problem, according to the forum he isn't a club member either, so rest assured, you are not the only one.

Comment

Hi Tony, I sent you an email explaining that I can’t change anything on your id as it has been incorrectly set up with a full stop. I have not received a reply. I will send you a pm asking for your approval to change your id. I am currently touring in Chile and not always able to access the internet.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, Paul

Comment

There are 13 other forum users who have accessed in the past year who have 'full stops' in their user names. I have no idea whether they are members or not.

Presumably they have similarly been contacted.

Interesting to note that Mocad2006 isn't a club member either, though he is an admin?

It is now 9 months since Cameron tasked someone to resolve this issue and allegedly the committee allocated funds to resolve the issue. Progress is slow.

Do you need some help from someone who is interested in resolving the problem for the benefit of Club Members?
              Or will my offer fall on deaf ears and be ignored. I am a lot cheaper than the £400 apparently allocated in the last club accounts!

Comment

Remember they are volunteers!
                YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

I only asked a question, no negativity etc!!
                  meilleurs voeux a tous!!

Comment

I suggest that everybody checks their membership status.
                    Currently I cannot access the Members only area!

My subscription is paid by Standing Order as it has been since I joined, my bank has confirmed payment.

there is something very wrong in the membership system and it needs sorting rapidly, removing the blocking of non members immediately should be implemented, giving fully paid up Members full access they have paid for. It appears to me that the problem is much bigger than suspected.

I honestly don't expect a response to this, but there must be a swift one, even if the web admin is on holiday, there are other resources.

Comment

I reported I could not start a thread a couple of months ago and Cameron quickly changed my user name from chris.cussen to chris_cussen It needed a new password too, which he emailed to me. The major inconveniences have been needing to change my login on all the PCs I use and for some reason I can't find where to change my password on the website. But at least I could start the thread.

Ooo... just noticed that I am no longer a member according to my status on this post. Funny that because when I look at this thread http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...0722#post40722 I seem to be!
                      Last edited by chris_cussen; 03-01-17, 08:19 AM. Reason: Add oo... comment

Comment

Originally posted by chris_cussen View Post
                        I reported I could not start a thread a couple of months ago and Cameron quickly changed my user name from chris.cussen to chris_cussen It needed a new password too, which he emailed to me. The major inconveniences have been needing to change my login on all the PCs I use and for some reason I can't find where to change my password on the website. But at least I could start the thread.

Ooo... just noticed that I am no longer a member according to my status on this post. Funny that because when I look at this thread http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...0722#post40722 I seem to be!
                        You will also find that you will not be able to send PM's.

This situation has been blamed on the introduction of Paypal. Despite campaigning for PayPal's implementation, I spill pay my membership by Standing order. PayPal's implementation coincided with enforcement of Forum access rules that I continue to campaign against, it is I believe those forum access rules that are the root cause the problem, not PayPal.

Ironically the chairman sent me a PM. I can read it but not reply to it.

Comment

Just noticed my 'club member' has disappeared off the other thread. Weird it was there this morning when I wrote my last post in this thread. Well I have to admit I haven't paid for 2017 yet.

Comment

Hi Steve,
                            Thanks for your post and email, sorry to see you ae having access problems.

I believe the problem was caused because the newly automated system ending your 2016 membership when it expired. Delays in the overseas banking payment system over the bank holiday period meant that your payment had not reached us in time.

The big question is why were you able to post? I will be looking into that when I return.

Hi Tony,
                            No negativity taken. Que les dieux te protègent.

Please check to see if my private message has arrived next time you are logged on. You can do that by clicking on “Notifications” near the top left.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all members may 2017 bring much Marlin pleasure.
                            Paul Carey

PS: The administrative id mocad2016 is to separate personal posts from administrative ones. It will be passed on to the new webmaster mid-2018.

Comment

Originally posted by mocad2016 View Post
                              Hi Steve,
                              Thanks for your post and email, sorry to see you ae having access problems.

I believe the problem was caused because the newly automated system ending your 2016 membership when it expired. Delays in the overseas banking payment system over the bank holiday period meant that your payment had not reached us in time.

The big question is why were you able to post? I will be looking into that when I return.

Hi Tony,
                              No negativity taken. Que les dieux te protègent.

Please check to see if my private message has arrived next time you are logged on. You can do that by clicking on “Notifications” near the top left.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all members may 2017 bring much Marlin pleasure.
                              Paul Carey

PS: The administrative id mocad2016 is to separate personal posts from administrative ones. It will be passed on to the new webmaster mid-2018.
                              Once upon a time there was some leeway on membership expiry.

I have used the same UK bank and the same Standing order since joining the club, no overseas challenges, and no disruption in my membership until the rules were recently changed.

As you seem to have no idea who else may be impacted, I suggest the rules are immediately changed back to the way they were until a workable solution is found. At least then Members will not be disadvantaged when they have done nothing wrong.

If I were not able to post or send and receive PM's that would have been a whole different question, what if that circumstance befel a committee member.

It seems that the whole membership system is in disarray.

Whatever happened to the person that Cameron tasked to address the problem back in May last year? Nobody has yet answered that, but it looks as though a sum was allocated in the budget.

PS. Who is the forum user MOCadmin? Last active in September 2016? It used to be Jon at Cyberpharm?

I have so many questions?

Comment

Working...
                              X