• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportster

Anyone got a sportster for sale?

Re: Sportster

Robin Martin has his for sale....

Find your dream classic car from over 10,000 private adverts plus many more trade adverts on Europe's No 1 classic cars site. 100% F...

I've been in this car and it's a first class build!! He's just built a Pembleton so needs to sell his Sportster.

Comment

Originally posted by danny_nelson View Post
      Anyone got a sportster for sale?
      Does it have to be finished?
      There is one near me part built. The guy was asking too much for it of course!

Comment

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C649870 another one for sale

Comment

Yhank you for details guys, I already knew of these as they have been well abvertised.
          Unfortunately none meet the spec required.

Comment

You must be looking for a very special Sportster if neither of these aren't any good??

Comment

Originally posted by Peterx View Post
              You must be looking for a very special Sportster if neither of these aren't any good??
              Or a cheaper completed one Peter?
              The one near me had been on ebay and was a Part 1 chassis only, requiring all the bespoke Marlin bodywork to be purchased, which will make it a very expensive kit to complete.
              Last edited by Mike; 25-01-17, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I did not say these cars are not any good, I said they are not of the reqd spec. The gentleman for whom I am looking for a Sportster for,l has a very fixed idea of what he wants, ie Sierra based runninbg gear not BMW, Would like a 3900 v8 engine, but may be prepared to change the engine. So I would like to hear from any club member who may be thinking of selling their Sportster.

Comment

i might sell my works prototype sportster----3.5 Rover v8, engine is the one from des hamils book "how to powertune rover v8"...

pictures when it was still in marlin´s ownership here: http://www.msportster.co.uk/factory-...gallery/page/3

interested? sent me a private message

Comment

Thanks for your reply. It was a works car used by Mark and known as the purple sandwitch . I will contact you privately.
                    Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by danny_nelson View Post
                      I did not say these cars are not any good, I said they are not of the reqd spec. The gentleman for whom I am looking for a Sportster for,l has a very fixed idea of what he wants, ie Sierra based runninbg gear not BMW, Would like a 3900 v8 engine, but may be prepared to change the engine. So I would like to hear from any club member who may be thinking of selling their Sportster.
                      I can understand why he wants what he wants for me I wouldnt bother with the rover engine it would be a V8 jag engine and box 4.2 easy 300 horses and very smooth, if you want more supercharged is 400-600 with ease now that would be a quick car

Comment

Working...
                      X