Marlin News Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin News Letter

I note with sadness Terry Mathews' continued cold shoulder to the MOC, choosing to distribute her latest Marlin news letter via the Madabout Kitcars site, with nothing offered through our own Forum.
    As always, Terry makes it a good read............

For those interested here's a link to her MAKC post:

Bring it on - Marlin's 2016-17 newsletter Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Mike

Re: Marlin News Letter

I think you do Terry an injustice, to quote fro the newsletter

"
    Marlin Owners Club

We are very proud to be working with the Marlin Owners club and wish to say a BIG THANK YOU for all your support.
    And in allegiance with the club we are making this request:

The club is grateful that it receives plenty of pictures and stories from Roadster, Berlinetta and Cabrio owners, but would really appreciate it if owners of Hunter, Sportster and 5EXi models would also send in pictures of their car with some details - and preferably a few words if possible, - for inclusion in future copies of the excellent Marlin Owners Club magazine."

Direct link to the newsletter is http://www.marlinsportscars.co.uk/news/224/

Comment

Hey Chris,

I notice you are currently transplanting a Zetec into your Cabrio. How's it going? Any major gotcha's? I have a Carbrio currently running a Burton tuned pinto, 5 speed box and sierra underpinnings. I was also thinking of going the Zetec route, though may also look at alternatives.
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Hi wiggies, I am detailing it here http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...an-engine-swap

Not done much since Xmas, and the route of buying an engine from Omex is expensive. If you started with a second hand Zetex you could probably do it for about 2k or less depending on how you do it.

Chris

Comment

If you look on the turbosport forum you'll find threads dedicated to both duratec and zetec engine swaps
          Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I note with sadness Terry Mathews' continued cold shoulder to the MOC, choosing to distribute her latest Marlin news letter via the Madabout Kitcars site, with nothing offered through our own Forum.
            As always, Terry makes it a good read............

For those interested here's a link to her MAKC post:

Bring it on - Marlin's 2016-17 newsletter Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds

Mike
            I am afraid that the MOC dropped the ball in the early 2000's, the support the club gave for the radically different looking 5EXI, different from the point of view of a 1930'a Alfa, was minimal, perhaps coinciding with the start of Madabout in 2000 as a more modern looking open forum which attracted many different builders, not just of Marlins. The MOC has never caught up, the forum reaction to the Avatar says it all.

The MOC is however a terrific resource for the pre 2000 Marlin Cars but inevitably those numbers are declining.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Thanks, now 'thats' a useful site, I can see me spending many hours on there plus they have some great ideas on what I could do with my pinto if I decide not to do a swap.
              2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Since joining the MOC just over a year ago and being an owner of a 5exi, I noticed how the Madabout Kitcars site was a far better repository for 5exi related material. Your response Steve, has just made a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle click into place.
                Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X