This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin Cabrio Spare wheel cover

I have been most fortunate in my quest to revitalise my cabrio V8.
    In particular, Marlin Owners have been very generous.

THANK YOU.

Now I was wondering if anyone might have a spare wheel cover?
    It can be scratched, split and gouged. I just need a starting point to refurbish and refinish.

Kind Regards

Will

Re: Marlin Cabrio Spare wheel cover

Just a thought, what size spare wheel, is it a speed restricted narrower wheel than the other 4, or normal size. I have just taken off my cover after changing the spare to the same size as the others, this means cover does not fit now, but not needed as the wheels are all chrome. If I had been unfortunate to have a puncture and changed the wheel, where did I put the full size wheel as it did not fit on the studs to secure, and thread on cover was not long enough ? My passenger would not appreciate trying to hold a wheel on her lap plus the cover. David.

Comment

Hmm, I had not thought this through... However, I am locked into the spacesaver spare route. I am hoping my bagged "flat" will go behind the seats of my LWB Cabrio... putting the hood up may not be an option.

Comment

I have driven FMB with a space saver under the tail for a number of years (about 8 ) I have never had to find the space for a punctured wheel and a passenger, Yet!!!

Comment

I have added a picture of the back of FMB
          Attached Files

Comment

Mmm, nice colour scheme.

BTW I'm looking at replacing my side mirrors with round ones similar to yours, how are yours attached and exactly where? A couple of piccies on that would be really useful and appreciated.

Wigs
            2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
              Mmm, nice colour scheme.

BTW I'm looking at replacing my side mirrors with round ones similar to yours, how are yours attached and exactly where? A couple of piccies on that would be really useful and appreciated.

Wigs
              Hi Wigs

I have fitted these round mirrors - they suit the style of the car, but I have to say they are very small by comparison to today's modern car mirrors. I certainly find it much more difficult to see what's going on around me.

Would I choose these again? : probably not in hindsight - I'd choose something bigger, even at the expense of looking a little less "period".

5691521058_e37657ba41.jpg

You may find a bit of CAD (Cardboard Aided Design!) helps plan where to fit your mirrors:

5690548597_fac2510d1d_n.jpg

5691127036_04228eafb1_n.jpg

Be careful of the projection on the inside of the door: my stems are spring-loaded and as you can see the inside stub just touches the back of the inner door skin.

5690942035_e22272e9fc_n.jpg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mike; 16-02-17, 12:16 PM.

Comment

On my Hunter the mirrors being in on the Windscreen surround is fine for seeing what traffic is behind. but you try reversing in tight to the curb, or even backing into the garage. The mirrors are so far in that the curb is not visible or perhaps it is my age !!!! David.

Comment

Thanks Mike,

Must admit my non-period ones are on the small side anyway so I doubt I'd struggle with these. Anyways, food for thought and like you advise a spot of CAD first to see if its worth the effort........
                  2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

I have mirrors on the front wings for reversing and mirrors on the door for driving! I have just bought some new bigger door mirrors which I hope will do both jobs

Comment

Practice,practice,practice, when i first tried to park into my garage and again in tight parking spaces rather than make an expensive mistake. I used to wind the passenger window down and use an extensible mirror on a wand ( workshop equipment type) to get it right now I can squeeze my Berli in anywhere. (Try using plastic cones, great fun to know your limits and to better your previous time.).

Comment

Like Peterboat i have two sets of Mirrors, The ones on front wing are ideal for looking back along the length of the running boards and fit in the same holes as the wing stays
                        Works for me
                        Attached Files
                        Stapley Bryan

Comment

Dear David,
                          May I purchase your spare wheel cover?

Comment

Originally posted by bryannewell View Post
                            Like Peterboat i have two sets of Mirrors, The ones on front wing are ideal for looking back along the length of the running boards and fit in the same holes as the wing stays
                            Works for me
                            That colour really suits the car mirrors in same place as mine makes reversing a doddle

Comment

Working...
                            X