Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page  Click here to sign up

Thread: Marlin Cabrio Spare wheel cover

Hybrid View

Marlin Cabrio Spare wheel cover

I have been most fortunate in my quest to revitalise my cabrio V8.
    In particular, Marlin Owners have been very generous.

THANK YOU.

Now I was wondering if anyone might have a spare wheel cover?
    It can be scratched, split and gouged. I just need a starting point to refurbish and refinish.

Kind Regards

Will

frequent forum contributor Club Member

Re: Marlin Cabrio Spare wheel cover

Just a thought, what size spare wheel, is it a speed restricted narrower wheel than the other 4, or normal size. I have just taken off my cover after changing the spare to the same size as the others, this means cover does not fit now, but not needed as the wheels are all chrome. If I had been unfortunate to have a puncture and changed the wheel, where did I put the full size wheel as it did not fit on the studs to secure, and thread on cover was not long enough ? My passenger would not appreciate trying to hold a wheel on her lap plus the cover. David.

Hmm, I had not thought this through... However, I am locked into the spacesaver spare route. I am hoping my bagged "flat" will go behind the seats of my LWB Cabrio... putting the hood up may not be an option.

Chairman Club Member

I have driven FMB with a space saver under the tail for a number of years (about 8 ) I have never had to find the space for a punctured wheel and a passenger, Yet!!!

Chairman Club Member

I have added a picture of the back of FMB
    Attached Images Attached Images

frequent forum contributor Club Member

Mmm, nice colour scheme.

BTW I'm looking at replacing my side mirrors with round ones similar to yours, how are yours attached and exactly where? A couple of piccies on that would be really useful and appreciated.

Wigs

frequent forum contributor Club Member Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wiggiesworld View Post
    Mmm, nice colour scheme.

BTW I'm looking at replacing my side mirrors with round ones similar to yours, how are yours attached and exactly where? A couple of piccies on that would be really useful and appreciated.

Wigs
    Hi Wigs

I have fitted these round mirrors - they suit the style of the car, but I have to say they are very small by comparison to today's modern car mirrors. I certainly find it much more difficult to see what's going on around me.

Would I choose these again? : probably not in hindsight - I'd choose something bigger, even at the expense of looking a little less "period".

5691521058_e37657ba41.jpg

You may find a bit of CAD (Cardboard Aided Design!) helps plan where to fit your mirrors:

5690548597_fac2510d1d_n.jpg

5691127036_04228eafb1_n.jpg

Be careful of the projection on the inside of the door: my stems are spring-loaded and as you can see the inside stub just touches the back of the inner door skin.

5690942035_e22272e9fc_n.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike; 16-02-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Dear David,
    May I purchase your spare wheel cover?