Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greetings one and all

Welcome! The Roadster's looking good.
    If you're ever in Chester area, always welcome to pop in for a brew.
    Gareth.

Comment

Well Not wanting to be hung drawn and quartered by the members of this forum, I am in all honesty a Triumph man through and through and have been for 40 years.
      but saying that I have had my eye one one of these for a while now. And this one came along at the right time so I thought why not.
      The plan is to put a modified 1500 Spitfire engine with an overdrive gearbox in it which as it happens I have one sitting in the garage just begging to have a small fortune in modifications thrown at it, and again in honesty when the wife finds out my next email will probably be sent from my new living accomadation ( the shed).
      Once the Spitfire is finished which should be this summer I can start on the next project.
      Mike

Comment

"Well Not wanting to be hung drawn and quartered by the members of this forum, I am in all honesty a Triumph man through and through"

Burn the witch

Seriously, good luck with the project and keep us posted..! Be interested to hear what you have planned.
        Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
        Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

It looks like it was a Marina based car probably used for trials, so worth checking out the back axle ratio as trials cars were often equipped with 4.11 ratio axles not exactly suited to modern road use with a 2l Alfa ans still high for a 1500 Spit.
          At least it is DVLA registered, but they will be interested in the engine swap details.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Welcome
            You will find this a very helpful club.I too am new and seem to have the only Marlin in Canada and every question I have asked has been answered with an explanation

Comment

Working...
            X