Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top and side curtains for LWB YKC roadster

G'Day All
    My 1993 YKC lab roadster was ordered with out top ,top frame ,side curtains or luggage rack and I would like to find these items .Any help would be appreciated
    Michael

Re: Top and side curtains for LWB YKC roadster

Ahh the holy grail (almost). The original suppliers of these parts are no longer available. There are drawings of various hood options in Tech Tips.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Hiya

Most ykc marlins had a permanent hood that collapsed behind and had a hood bag to Cover it up.

As Steve says there is plenty of information on these.

If you decide to go pre ykc then look at the thread below as you will require these hood supports.

make sure you scroll down and you will find measurements.

The build manuals, again found on this site, will give you measurements for placing these on the rear clam shell

Good luck.

Adrian
      Last edited by listerjp2; 02-03-17, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by listerjp2 View Post
        Hiya

Most ykc marlins had a permanent hood that collapsed behind and had a hood bag to Cover it up.

As Steve says there is plenty of information on these.

If you decide to go pre ykc then look at the thread below as you will require these hood supports.

make sure you scroll down and you will find measurements.

The build manuals, again found on this site, will give you measurements for placing these on the rear clam shell

Good luck.

Adrian
        and this for the frame

Comment

Wow thanks guys Lots of info I was hoping to find one in any condition but if not I will try my hand at making them
          Thanks again

Comment

Hello All , I too have joined the "Quest for the Holy Grail " from the shores of Ireland . Have purchased a LWB YKC Roadster sight unseen . built in UK not sure when?what as yet but up front is a straight six with overdrive box . Have just joined the club and great to see a knowledgeable and enthusiastic bunch out there .
            Best of luck to fellow Crusaders....

Trevor

Comment

Welcome Trevor.

If you send me a private email (my address details are in Pitstop magazine) and
              tell me which car you have I can check the archive for its build data and history

Dave Cunnington

Comment

Hi Dave ,

due to collect car next week . Has sat in a shed in Tipperary for last 10 yrs . Not well up on Marlin but studying hard ! Have bought sight unseen through a mutual contact and have only seen photo of engine bay and wheels which are alloys with YKC badge . On Irish plates now but never seen road here as restoration stalled . Will fill you in next week when i get it out the barn and back to base. Many thanks for your offer of help and will be in touch soon.

Very best wishes , Trevor

Comment

Also need the wind screen rail
                  thanks
                  Originally posted by michael47 View Post
                  G'Day All
                  My 1993 YKC lab roadster was ordered with out top ,top frame ,side curtains or luggage rack and I would like to find these items .Any help would be appreciated
                  Michael

Comment

Originally posted by michael47 View Post
                    Also need the wind screen rail thanks
                    If you are talking about the 'Cant Rail' (can't think why it was called that) that runs across the top of the windscreen surround, they were commonly GRP items, so not beyond moulding one in situ.As far as I am aware there is no difference between a YKC or Marina Roadster. Others may be more definitive, Mk1 Triumph?http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...highlight=rail
                    Last edited by stevejgreen; 30-08-17, 01:57 PM.
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
                    X