Brake servo on Marina based cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brake servo on Marina based cars

I've read elsewhere that balance bars are ok so long as they are fixed in position. IMHO you could use one to optimise the bias in a safe environment and then leave it alone.
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
      I've read elsewhere that balance bars are ok so long as they are fixed in position. IMHO you could use one to optimise the bias in a safe environment and then leave it alone.
      It would be fair to argue that if you can't reach it whilst driving then it meets the requirement, even more so if it's forward of the bulkhead.

Comment

Just noticed a RAW Siker on ebay with a proportioning valve in the engine bay.
        Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

IVA requires that any brake proportioning value is not adjustable.
          Of course what happens after IVA......

Comment

I know this thread isnt about the iva, but the rules now are that any proportioning valve must be locked and inaccessible from the cockpit and that once the required balance has been found the bar should be welded to prevent "future tampering". For cars not going to the iva the issue is moot. I would suggest that if there is an imbalance that the first thing that is checked is the size of the rear pistons as the marina ones were a common looking design and may have been inadvertently swapped for something off a different BL car. Also, you can use a brake bias compensation valve - like on sierras - its a ball bearing in a tube which reduces rear brake effort as the car pitches forward under braking. Also used on early lotuses iirc.

Comment

I believe some proportioning valves were linked to the rear suspension thereby increasing/reducing effort to the rear brakes depending on load

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
                I believe some proportioning valves were linked to the rear suspension thereby increasing/reducing effort to the rear brakes depending on load

The Sierra P100 L pickup truck had one. Peter.

Comment

Working...
                X