• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials project

Big project for someone

Re: Trials project

Originally posted by beattock roadster View Post
    The axle and hubs are probably worth the asking price alone.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Buyer has put it back on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263096825598?ul_noapp=true

s-l1600.jpg

Classified with asking price of £1,450.

Comment

£1450 !!!!!!!!

Comment

When it was on eBay in March it sold for £1,400 to the present seller with several bidders involved and it's now showing as "no longer available" so someone thinks it's worth it.

Comment

When complete and running cars can be had for approx. double the asking price of this project {DC's for one} I cannot see how £1450 is justified.

Comment

FWIW Q67 cost £375 to start with and even doing everything myself the final cost I estimate was about £2750, so it ain't cheap to do - but it's a hobby.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from dogoncrazy and whilst the financials don't stack up sales of projects on eBay tend to attract bids anywhere from around £800 up to £1,500 (usually with an engine though). People tend to underestimate the cost and effort of getting a car back on the road in decent condition... or as DC says, for some it's a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                X