Going round the bend......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going round the bend......

This is a shout out to all the people who been trawling the interweb for parts in case you have seen something close to what I chasing.

The engine in my Cabrio is a Burton Performance 2L EFi Pinto (80's Sierra). The (rubber) intake manifold that comes from the Mass Air Filter is perished and is currently held together with amalgamating rubber tape however this is not perfect. Now try as I may I have not been able find a direct Ford replacement so the current plan is I'm going to make my own from a Silicon 90 degree elbow ...... however the size I'm after is proving as elusive as the original Ford part. I'm after an elbow with 70 mm Inside diameter and leg lengths of at least 140 mm (these are the A1 & A2 dimensions in the attached picture.

IMG_9828_new_intake.jpg

Sooo, if anyone out there knows of a good place that may be able to help, then I'd like to hear from you.

TIA

Wigs
    2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Re: Going round the bend......

try having a look at the merlinmotorsport.co.uk site and samco in particular

Comment

I've had good results from Derby Performance Hose . They do list 70mm hose and claim they can manufacture with legs up to 8inch [200mm] length.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Derby Performamnce are looking useful, I've dropped them a note. I've previously considered Merlin earlier this week but the 4 week lead time put me off a tad and their website seemed to only let you order in blue, not perfect for a black and alloy engine compartment on a dark red car.

Wigs.
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

Comment

Rally Design do a large range of silicone hoses.

Comment

Try these
            AutoSiliconeHoses.com are the number one choice for serious Motorsport teams and tuners and modifiers. We are the world leaders in the Silicone hose industry. All hoses meet or exceed the requirements of SAE J20 & are manufactured under an ISO 9002:2000 quality system. Hoses are made from the finest European silicones specifically designed for automotive use, all hoses deliver outstanding resistance in the harshest environments.

Used them in plumbing in my Zetec conversion, see http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...an-engine-swap

Delivery was about 2 days after the order.

Comment

have you got a pic of the bit you require and i will have look in my box of spares.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Managed to find an elbow the perfect size on autosiliconehoses....... just a case of waiting for the delivery.

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers of help.

Wigs

Comment

Yup, got mine at autosiliconehose too for my Vulcan EFi Pinto.
                  Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Comment

Working...
                  X