Marina based Roadster ignition switch with steering lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marina based Roadster ignition switch with steering lock

I am used to habitually checking the feedback scores of ebay sellers if they are less than 100%; thanks for pointing out the device idea - I'm sure I'll find one in the UK now that I know about it...

Comment

.G,Day all
      I use something sold locally it hooks to the steering wheel and the brake pedal .and if i am just leaving the car for a few min i have a push button kill switch that is under the carpet very close to the front of seats as it is under the carpet you have to know where to push .when i first installed it i stood on it one time and the car would not start but I have learned and no longer stand on it getting in unless it is turned on and then iI know where to stand to de activate it.That locking device is on Ebay for $19.99
      Last edited by michael47; 23-03-17, 06:32 PM.

Comment

That's a clever idea; can you give an ebay link to it so we can have a look & then probably find it on the UK ebay..?

Comment

the Ebay seller is mhestore2009 (983345 ) item http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Universal-Ant...xYY33B&vxp=mtr
          Last edited by michael47; 24-03-17, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Ahh yes we had those sort of things over here many years ago - now we hardly ever see them - I think because most modern cars have immobilisers so are not such easy targets to steal. .. but of course the average Marlin doesn't have an immobiliser !

I was more interested in this push button thing beneath the carpet...?

Comment

Halfords still sell similar steering lock devices.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by element View Post
                Ahh yes we had those sort of things over here many years ago - now we hardly ever see them - I think because most modern cars have immobilisers so are not such easy targets to steal. .. but of course the average Marlin doesn't have an immobiliser !

In the last couple of years as cars have become more sophisticated, especially with keyless entry they have actually become easier to steal. If you have the computer knowhow you can clone keyfobs from outside a house and just drive away. More people are returning to physical deterrents such as the steering lock.

Comment

Originally posted by element View Post

OK all that is is a small electric spst switch just like a toggle switch on old BMC cars except that is a push on push off.There are two kinds one you push and hold on and when you release it turns off I use one of these on the dash to control windshield washer pump the other kind is push on then push off .Any automotive store should have these. You drill about a 1/2 inch in the floor fit it through ,I wired mine into the ignition wire under the car ,to protect the switch from the elements I sprayed the switch with a plastic water proof spray,

hope that helps
                  Michael
                  Last edited by michael47; 24-03-17, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X