Roadster values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadster values

It's a difficult thing to define & I know there's going to be a lot of folks that put a lot of time and money into their cars.. How does one value a car? I plan (at the moment) to have a good summer of fun driving about and then am thinking of selling the car in the Autumn. From what I can see so far the majority of roadsters appear to have BL or Triumph engines and not that many have the Fiat 2.0 twin cams fitted.
    I'm going to get a 4/2/1, stainless manifold & downpipes made and fitted shortly making the full exhaust system stainless and am thinking about a carb upgrade, but space is a premium of course! You can spend and spend and spend and it doesn't necessarily make the car more valuable. So the difficult decision is where to stop modifying and spending I think that's probably best at the point of safe, looks good, sounds good, drives good, turns heads.. I think I'm not far away
    I've seen a few on ebay this last 2 yrs advertising up to the 5k mark; is that an expected ceiling figure? Of course history and meticulous receipts and bills etc play a part too. Mileage - I know some owners have clocked up 25k; mine has around 1200 since build (this will change this summer hopefully). What else adds value?

Re: Roadster values

The highest advertised sale I have seen for a Roadster since Feb 2015 is £6,495 for a very clean SWB with 2L straight 6 and overdrive box, and historic reg. Sold in June '16.

Other than that, I think your estimate of £5k seems about right for now but I've been seeing more demand and some upward movement in prices over the last year. Also, the cars with Fiat twin cams attract a lot of interest, so who knows.

In the end, the only way you find out what something is really worth is when you test the market!

EDIT: I should have also said that I've seen some Club members' cars that I suspect would go for far more than that but I've not seen any of that quality advertised!
    Last edited by jon_wilkinson; 24-03-17, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Yes, I'll hold off as long as I can.. She who must be obeyed is behind the sale (holidays, kids shoes, further education, new this, new that...) I think I have to do a good job getting it as fast as I can so she might just reconsider the loss of fun...

Comment

HI,

I'd be interested to know the cost of the 4-2-1 and downpipe if you are prepared to share. I have a Cabrio with a Burton Pinto which has a real mismash of pipes at the head of the exhaust that really needs similar attention to yours.

BTW I'm jealous of the Fiat TC too, a good looking engine and very 'period' to the original vehicle these cars are based on.

Wigs
        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Originally posted by wiggiesworld View Post
          HI,

I'd be interested to know the cost of the 4-2-1 and downpipe if you are prepared to share. I have a Cabrio with a Burton Pinto which has a real mismash of pipes at the head of the exhaust that really needs similar attention to yours.

BTW I'm jealous of the Fiat TC too, a good looking engine and very 'period' to the original vehicle these cars are based on.

Wigs
          I'll let you know what it cost me when I do it - probably in early May; we have 3 places that will fabricate and fit inside the day; When I'm back on the road I'll visit all three and get quotes..

The Fiat TC - they do still seem to come up on ebay now & then, but a good hunt around & you might find one - then it'd be a major overhaul to change over.. I love the engine - it has amazing sound as you accelerate in 3rd - 2k, 3k, 4k 5k +

Comment

Working...
          X