New Marlin Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Marlin Owner

What are the main differences between the hunter and the roadster?

Re: New Marlin Owner

Doors, Hunters have them, front wings, roof, weather equipment, most of the car is different, and the Hunter is made at the factory, and if like mine is a new car, and registered as such. I have had my Hunter for six or seven months maybe more, and really like it as it is a civilised car, and my first drive was from Cornwall to Yorkshire in a full scal! I got out dry, warm and very pleased with my choice
    Last edited by peterboat; 28-03-17, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Whereas the Roadster is more like a motorcycle...you kind of strap it on & go, roof optional
      Think MG Midget vs TR6.
      Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
      Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

Hi kayakinash,
        There is quite a good description of the various models and how they were derived on our history page:

Marlin Sportscars - New Ownership New ownership for Marlin Cars, the 5EXi and Avatar Sportscars This year on the 14th April 2021 it has been seven years since Mark's passing. As always I spent the day reflecting on all the memories that we had created during our 30 years together and as you would expect,

Or click on “Main Website” above and then click on “MARLIN HISTORY”.

But to give a more impassioned view; a Roadster is a big engine with the minimum required to drive it. A Hunter is a factory made Cabrio. A Cabrio is a big engine with minimum required to make it a practical everyday car. The Cabrio won’t get your suit wet driving to work. Both cars will make you arrive with a grin on your face.

Paul
        Cabrio builder and owner

Comment

Working...
        X