New EU law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EU law.

I just heard something a bit alarming. It seems that last week, just before article 50 was triggered a group of disgruntled MEP's passed a law for the UK. It states that the name of an object must be a true description of that object. To cut a long story short we can no longer call our cars Marlin as they are not fish!

Re: New EU law.

What day is it?

Comment

But surely this is probably the day when MOST EU laws are passed?

Comment

Oh, and Scott, I,ve just realised that you gave it away without waiting for some one to bite.

Comment

Sadly the joke will be on the UK as the government struggles to replace all of the current 38 EU regulatory bodies with their own. It's not going to be smooth because businesses will have to apply both EU and UK regulations simultaneously if they want to trade with the EU.

But then that's getting far too political for what was a half hearted attempt at a joke.

Comment

Oh, do lighten up Steve!
            Tim

Comment

Sorry, forgot to add "FFS"

Comment

I am just glad we are leaving the EU has effected my boating no end have to pay full price on red diesel how dare they

Comment

Peterboat. Do you not claim that 80% of your fuel is for heating and battery charging for the domestics, most canal boaters do?

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
                    I am just glad we are leaving the EU has effected my boating no end have to pay full price on red diesel how dare they
                    Since the EU do not regulate the tax levels on fuel, I would look carefully at the GBP-USD exchange rate because fuel is priced in USD and Brexit has impacted on UK value. We have not seen significant increases in European fuel costs. Or was that another crudely constructed April Fool.

Comment

This is so much better
                      Linkis.com - Promote your product for free in Twitter with every link you share

Comment

The tax on pleasure boat red diesel was instigated by the EU. Prior to that red diesel was tax free. I may be wrong but I think our government fought it, and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyDave View Post
                          The tax on pleasure boat red diesel was instigated by the EU. Prior to that red diesel was tax free. I may be wrong but I think our government fought it, and lost.
                          It was instigated by the EU and we did lose the war but not the battle, we can declare a split between propulsion[full price] and heating electrical generation[5%], unfortunately not all suppliers do this, or they have a 50/50 mix even though the tax man said it was self declaration

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                            Petty or what eh I read about it yesterday on another forum but the Gibraltar thing is better talk about bad losers still 2 more years and change will begin

Comment

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
                              Petty or what eh I read about it yesterday on another forum but the Gibraltar thing is better talk about bad losers still 2 more years and change will begin
                              Interesting idea from the telegraph. An interesting negotiating position. I foresee an old fashioned blockade from the Spanish.

Comment

Working...
                              X