French Clean-Air sticker ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Clean-Air sticker ???

Hi all. I may be taking Moll to France this year. I have been told that I need a “Certificate-Air” sticker for the car or risk a fine.
    I have tried to obtain one of these stickers but the web site keeps telling me my car is too old to obtain one. Has anyone taken a 28 year old Berli to France? Can anyone help or give advice on how to obtain one?
    Just another bit of ghastly bureaucracy to go through.

Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Re: French Clean-Air sticker ???

oops this doesn't bode well.

This is for Paris, other Towns/ Cities to follow.

Check out Orange Sticker

WHICH STICKER WILL APPLY FOR MY CAR?

This is how the new Crit’Air stickers will be applied to your car.
    CRIT’AIR GREEN VEHICLES (GREEN AND WHITE STICKER)
    Lowest band restricted only for 100% pure-electric or hydrogen vehicles.

CRIT’AIR 1 (PURPLE STICKER)
    Plug-in hybrid cars and Euro 5 and 6 petrol models (registered from 1 January 2011).

CRIT’AIR 2 (YELLOW STICKER)
    Euro 4 petrol-powered cars (registered between 1 January 2006 to 31 December 2010) and Euro 5 and 6 diesel models (registered from 1 January 2011).

CRIT’AIR 3 (ORANGE STICKER)
    Euro 2 and 3 petrol cars (registered from 1 January 1997 to 31 December 2005).
    Petrol cars registered before 1997 do not qualify for a Crit’Air sticker at all and will be barred from entering the city 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday
    Crit’Air 3 also includes Euro 4 diesel cars (registered between 1 January 2006 to 31 December 2010).

CRIT’AIR 4 (DARK RED STICKER)
    Euro 3 diesel cars registered between 1 January 2001 and 31 December 2005.

CRIT’AIR 5 (DARK BLUE STICKER)
    Euro 2 diesels, registered from 1 January 1997 to 31 December 2000.

Petrol and diesel cars older than this are not eligible for a Crit’Air and will be barred from entering the city 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday.
    Last edited by listerjp2; 03-04-17, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Good job we went last year! Only suggestion is to ask AA, RAC Green Flag etc if they know depending whether you are a member.
      Good luck. Liz

Comment

Triple drat !!!!

Comment

I,ve been checking this too.
          Seems as though, if your car is pre 1997 ish, then you basically can,t fit any of these stickers as it,s "pre euro emmission" and will simply be banned from what ever towns are operating this scheme (currently Paris, Lyon and Grenoble) between whatever hours they want. Paris is Monday to Friday 8.00am to 8.00 pm - for example.
          There is , at present, no exemption for "classic cars".... whatever that definition may be, given the EU,s view on old, polluting, non standard vehicles fitted with non OE parts might eventually turn out to be.
          Sod, em I say.... or as Monty Python would say...I fart in your general direction .....and that WAS the french lol.

Comment

Thinking about this last night, what if, the car has a newer engine, like my Berly, a new engine fitted in 2000 or thereabouts, which was a new lump straight out of Bridgend?
            My French partner is going, sometime this week, to contact the guy who issues 'certificates d'attestation' for 30 year old and over cars to get French registration papers. He is a member of the FFVE(French fed. of old vehicles} - he was very helpful to me early last year with my registration project.
            As an aside the ffve regularly have cross Paris jaunts, but maybe because these are normally on sundays they fall outside the sticker scheme which would if true etc be typically French!!

Comment

The idea is only going to spread
              More than 150,000 Londoners with the most polluting cars will be hit with a daily charge to drive inside the North and South circulars from 2021, under plans announced today.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I had a bit of fun with an “official” I chatted to the other day.
                “What is the congestion charge cash used for?”
                “Ah, it stops people with polluting cars entering towns.”
                “No, you have the charge once people have entered the town, so, what is the cash used for?”
                “It keeps our towns cleaner.”
                “How ?”
                “Ah, it prvents people entering the emissions area.”
                “No. The charge is paid when they do enter. Those that don’t enter do not pay. So, how is the cash used to make the air cleaner in the city?”
                “It is because people are dissuaded from entering the area thus reducing emissions.”
                “ I understand that part but you receive a lot of cash from those that do enter and I am asking what that cash, The congestion charge or emission zone charge, is used for to make the air cleaner and maybe help people to live, work and play in your fine city?”
                “It dissuades them from entering and polluting the air.”
                No, they haven’t paid anything, so, again, what is the cash from the thousands of vehicles that do enter your zone used for?”
                “look, It is obvious, the charge reduces pollution.”
                “I’m sure it does keep some vehicles out, but you still haven’t told me what the cash from the vehicles that enter the zone is used for. Do you know?”
                “you must stupid. I have told you what the charge does. Goodbye !” brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
                “Sigh”
                It seems as though the charge may keep people out of the zones but once in, they will pay. This money seems not to be used to clean the air that the alledged polluters hve caused. It must just go into the great coffers to be used on any daft projects or maybe to buy more zone signs at grossly inflated prices. Do they use their diesel vans to take the signs and the erection team around the city?
                Ah well, just roll with the punches……..I must stop winding people up. I apologise for that.
                Now, at the moment, where we are going in France is pretty rural so I hope we will be able to travel without too much hassle. It will be worth watching the web site as more towns and cities join the scheme.
                I don’t think we need to display a sticker if we are not entering the zones. We’ll see what the friendly gendarmerie make of our little convoy.

Comment

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                  Black cabs from next year will be electric only and the older ones will have to go to a newly set up factory to convert them to electric £80 million from the government to help set it up. I think we are kidding ourselves if we think our old cars are safe. I am thinking of converting my Hunter to LPG but I think the end is in sight for diesel with petrol not far behind

Comment

Working...
                  X