Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of steering whell on roadster Marina based?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of steering whell on roadster Marina based?

Hello
    Want to know if someone can tell me which type of steering whell and which Modell( motolita,etc..) can fit to my marlin roadster Marina based please.
    Thanks
    Best regards

Re: Type of steering whell on roadster Marina based?

Tell us which car you have (registration) please, and maybe a picture.

Someone will be able to advise - Mountney seems the most common type in use

Comment

https://www.moto-lita.co.uk/steering-wheels/ Enter Morris Marina then Select the style then the size and boss to fit then have a word with the bank manager.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
        https://www.moto-lita.co.uk/steering-wheels/ Enter Morris Marina then Select the style then the size and boss to fit then have a word with the bank manager.
        I fitted one the RR Silver Shadow looked lovely and matched the woodwork

Comment

As can be seen in Ben’s link many of the wheels come in two parts the wheel and hub. It is the hub that must suit your vehicle. It might be possible to pick up a second hand wheel and fit a new hub. I would tend to get a reputable company to specify the hub you need as if it doesn’t fit they ought to sort it out.

This company, Europa Spares has other makes of wheel. They will be at Stoneleigh offering a 10% show discount, and may have some they could show you. I have asked them to bring parts to the show but it might be a bit late for that. Their stand is always busy.
          Momo steering wheels. Moto Lita steering wheels and more brands in stock ready to ship today. Best prices online. Shop now!.

The type of wheel is very much a personal taste. Marlins tend to be enhanced by one of the classic designs but I have also seen modern racing style wheels that look superb.
          Paul

PS: I should also say that the wheel should not be too big and jam your knuckles against the door. If you decide on a different diameter check that you can still see your dials and warning lights. Most aftermarket wheels will not pass an IVA test if that is a consideration.

Comment

Whilst I have my old photos out, here are a few different steering wheels fitted to a Roadster/Cabrio:-

Stoneleigh Old Photos 14.jpg

Stoneleigh Old Photos 13.jpg

Even the standard Mountney wheels can be in Flat, or Dished style
            - note how the smaller wheels give much more hand/finger room to the door.

Stoneleigh Old Photos 15.jpg
            Last edited by Mike; 29-04-17, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I put this in last month from MountneyIMG_2854.JPG on my Marina based Marlin

Comment

Working...
              X