X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good project for someone

An honest looking car

Re: Good project for someone

Didn't hang around for long. Anyone on here the buyer?

Comment

Pretty sure this is/was Dave Mulcahy car based in Stockport, unfortunately I understand he was unable to continue with it due to ill health.
      I recall he wanted around £1000 a year or so ago.
      Regards
      Dave

Comment

Hi, I bought the Triumph based Marlin and joined the club tonight. The car did indeed come from Stockport and I found an advert online (about a year old?) advertising it for £1200 in the Stockport area.

Car was delivered yesterday; took a gamble and bought it unseen. Not had a proper look at it yet although it seems have had quite a lot done to it so far. Chassis has been refurbished as has the front suspension. Timing cover is off and the propshaft is not bolted up so guess that the engine and box has been dropped in fairly recently. It's next in the garage once I finish putting the engine back in my TVR 290S. Stark contrast between the two - cracked manifold = engine out in the TVR...pig of a job. In contrast the Marlin has bags of room under the bonnet.

My plans are to get it going to check the engine is OK and run it up and down a track to check gearbox and axle. All being good I'll go through the brakes and electrics and finish it off with a respray it (it's been coach painted at some point) and start using it.

Cheers,

Andy

Comment

Welcome Andy
          That will be a good car when you've recommissioned it.
          I believe it's essentially been off the road for some time
          I have some pics and history if you're interested, my details are in Pitstop
          Rgds Dave Cunnington

Comment

Hi Andy
            Will be the same car, last time I spoke to Dave via the forum was to recommend someone to repair and clean the fuel tank not sure if he got the job done or not.
            Regards
            Dave

Comment

Many thanks both for the info. Would be very interested to see the pics and history, its a lovely old thing. The fuel tank is currently out and looks like it has been refurbed. Looking forward to getting on with the renovation.

Still finding my way around the website, an amazing body of knowledge.

Comment

Hmm, what is it with TVR's and Marlins? I have a Marlin Cabrio LWB and a Chimaera 4L (mind you the TVR is for sale at the moment as too many cars not enough time).

Good luck with the project, lets see some piccies as it comes along.

Wigs
                2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

Arguably both are 'kit cars' and both have problems with the powder coating!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X