Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake trouble marina based

Hello
    Searching What is this type of brake and coming from.which car?? It is with two brake hoses coming in the back of the drum and à very short master cylinder,It s on my 1800 marina based Roadster.
    Thanks

I have pics but don't know how to post it!! Sorry

Re: Brake trouble marina based

Not sure I can help with the posting pictures someone will along to help Im sure.

The Marina brake line goes from a flexible hose to the rear axle then metal pipe into the right hand wheel cylinder back out that wheel cylinder and across the axle to the left wheel cylinder lower connection and a bleed nipple in the upper one. On the side of the wheel cylinder there should be the bore size which in imperial will be either 5/8th or 3/4 inch or .675 or .7 or possibly .75 which is decimal inches.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Picture captured from another thread this is a self adjusting wheel cylinder the normal one has not got the ratchet system one end.

Comment

Here's the other type of rear brakes on a 1.8 Marina

To post a pic hit "Reply" then "Go Advanced" then "Manage Attachments"

On the smaller menu which comes up "Choose File" to nominate which pic you want to upload and "Upload"

EDIT : You may have to resize large pics for the system to take them. Windows Picture Manager (an old
        programme) or Photo Filtre ( a free one) work for me

Then back to bigger menu and "Submit Reply"

Simples

Rgds DC
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dcunn; 16-05-17, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinchti View Post
          I have pics but don't know how to post it!! Sorry
          Posting pictures seems to confuse a few people so I have added a brief explanation here:

Paul

Comment

I have sent a PM, but the forum does not recognise you as a Club Member so I am not sure if you will be able to read it, or reply to it.

For parts lists and BL workshop manuals and much more follow the link in my forum signature below.

In my opinion it's always worth completing something in your forum signature that tells us about your car, it saves you having to specify whether it's Marina or Triumph based, engine size, gearbox and which back axle, all of which can help us provide an accurate answer, every time you post a question.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

hello
              can you please tell me the model and as well where to find parts for it?

diameter is 1.10 inches length 1.85 inches

i already bought this repair kit but don't know if it s the right one for my part?

thnaks for your help

best regards
              Attached Files

Comment

It certainly looks to be the right one.

Comment

thanks for your reply

Comment

As I said above they come in various bore sizes which is normally on the side of the casting.

The wheel cylinder is designed to slide up and down in the back plate and should not be smothered in what looks like under seal.

And the pull off spring should be the other way round so that the straight section sits over the boot on the cylinder.
                    Last edited by b_caswell; 21-05-17, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X