Fuel Pump ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump ??

On my 1800 engine in my Marina based Roadster this fuel pump pictured.Googled Morris Marina pump and E-Bayed same but not having much luck identifying it.Perhaps it's me age !!!! does anybody recognize it from the picture.Cheers.
    Attached Files

Re: Fuel Pump ??

The parts book says for a 1800 the part number is AUF 802

Last edited by b_caswell; 19-05-17, 09:27 PM.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

thank's for the reply but it don't look the same as mine ??,no screws in it though perhaps it might fit ??.wonder if the one on my engine is aftermarket ??.I can't find anything like it,been looking for ages.Will google that part number,thank's for your help.

Comment

Try http://sucarb.co.uk/su-fuel-pumps-spares/mechanical-pumps/su-mechanical-fuel-pump-12106.html

Maybe not that actual pump but maybe a phone call to Burlen.

Or a service kit may be available

Or
        http://www.yoyopart.com/oem/6717168/rover-auf802.html
        Last edited by b_caswell; 19-05-17, 09:45 PM.
        Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Cheers,I have seen them in my search,will try AUF 803 via Burlen,think that one will fit and not too expensive.Not desperate I am just looking for a spare to keep in stock in case I need one in the future.I like to source parts for my other toys as well,get them when I can.With these old motors it pays to have things to hand as the parts are getting harder to find as you probably know,as for sourcing from the U.S.A. the postage is horrendous and then you get ripped off by customs and handling charges for buying from there as I found out when I did a recommission on a 1981 Kawasaki ZN 1300 Voyager Motorbike and had to get some parts from the U.S.A.
          Much appreciate your input,thank's a lot,regards..

Comment

As a general note I would avoid many of the eBay fuel pumps. Their age and manufacturing standards originating from China? will in all probability be incompatible with today's Ethanol fuels. Those from Burlen/SUcarb will be compatible.

Another helpful mod is that some fuel pumps were bolted to the crank case. Change those bolts to studs! When assembling gasket, spacer, gasket, pump, you are not trying to stop parts from rotating on one bolt whilst you try to push the pump forward against it's spring pressure.
            MOC member since 05/97
            1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
            1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
            Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I think I would be tempted to replace it with an electric one from facet it can help overcome fuel vaporisation problems with modern fuels

Comment

Thank's for the input folk's,much appreciated.

Comment

I went electric pump route, been good so far. no fuel vaporisation problems.

Comment

Fitted SU pump for an MGB near the fuel tank and fitted a plate to the engine to blank the hole left by the old pump.
                    Also fitted inertia switch to the pump supply to shut power in the event of an accident.
                    Easier starting now and runs very well.

Comment

Steve's caution with respect to sourcing pumps on ebay also applies to the solid state Facet style pumps. I had one of them fail earlier this year with fuel p?ssing out of it. I sourced a Facet pump from Merlin Motorsport to replace it which was more expensive but seems to be a better quality unit. It's also worth noting that you can get them with different output pressures so make sure that you get the correct one if you decide to go down that route.
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by charles44 View Post
                        Fitted SU pump for an MGB near the fuel tank and fitted a plate to the engine to blank the hole left by the old pump.
                        Also fitted inertia switch to the pump supply to shut power in the event of an accident.
                        Easier starting now and runs very well.
                        Did the same to my classic Sunbeam Talbot a few years ago. I also put a glass in-line fuel filter in the place vacated by the old mechanical pump. Never had any more problems with vapour lock since then, including hot mountain passes in the Alps. Inertia cut out switch is a must for safety reasons. I also bought mine from Merlin Motorsport and chose the 4psi one to feed a retro fitted Weber 34 ICH downdraught carb. Peter.
                        Last edited by greyV8pete; 08-06-17, 12:25 PM.

Comment

My Roadster has had an electric pump in since I built it,1990. Fuel comes from the tank to a filter then the pump to the engine.
                          I think it was about the time of Lee's car fire that I thought I'd better fit a cut off switch so picked one up on eBay. It's fitted on the bulkhead behind the engine. I know it works as someone shunted me up the rear one time and it cut out. No damage to the Roadster but the tow ball took the front of theirs out.
                          Some pics to show where the bits are. Hugh
                          Attached Files

Comment

+Thank's all of yer,I knew some of you would come up with somethin as usual,very much appreciate all of your inputs,regards..

Comment

Working...
                            X