Problems with the luggage rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the luggage rack

DOES anyone know who made / supplied the boot rack? Looking on eBay this morning, of nearly 200 offerings, only one has the tubes running up and down the boot...the others all run across the car....so I assume this is a special Cabrio part, rather than a generic boot back. I can't see how to resolve my problem without removing at least one of the feet...the one hiding the corner that won't come undone..probably by hacking it off with a machete. ( removing it surgically with scalpel in the hopes of replacing it after repairing the turning corner repaired with superglue..) so to be safe I need to order at least one matching replacement foot.
    UPDATE...via the obvious expedient of a careful measure-up, it seems that replacement feet are available (as a set of 4 only) from a supplier on eBay for under £17 inc. P and P 1st class. I'd still like to know the source of the rack, just for information, if anyone knows??
    Last edited by billjackson54; 21-05-17, 08:07 AM. Reason: update

Re: Problems with the luggage rack

The Quick Release boot luggage rack is suitable for some Morgans, NGs, Marlin Roadsters, JBA Falcon, J C Midge, Panther Lima/Kallista and other vehicles where a partially removable luggage carrier is required to straddle a boot mounted spare wheel.

Not sure if your rack was a Marlin Cars or could be this company.

If the threaded insert is spinning you could try putting some tape around the tube to protect it then gently close a pair of mole grips on the tube to hold the insert still.
    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
    X