• Show
Clear All

• How to do

bonjour
    I want to change the coolant of my roadster
    How to do
    merci

Re: How to do

The relevant section in the Marina BL workshop manual describes the process.

The radiator may not have an expansion bottle and of course the radiator is from a different car. There is no radiator drain valve unless one was added by the car builder.

The cylinder block drain plug is close to the distributor

Often the cylinder block drain plug has never been removed for a long time and is often blocked behind.

A picture of your radiator install would help.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

No permission to open file
      kolmerschlagjp1
      merci

Comment

Just remove bottom hose from radiator, no need to drain the block.
        Hugh

Comment

........and take the filler cap off the top !

Comment

I have to dismantle the radiator that says to demomte in first

Comment

Originally posted by kolmershlagjp View Post
              No permission to open file
              kolmerschlagjp1
              merci
              It appears that kolmerschlagjp has changed his keepandshare username to kolmerschlagjp1.
              He failed to tell me.

I cannot be responsible if users change their keepandshare login details, exactly the same MOC Admin cannot be responsible for those who change their log into details for the MOC forum and then complain they don't have access.

For the haters out there, I refer you to the last post on this thread.

MOC members still suffer from being denied access to services that they have paid for, including me after 20 years of uninterrupted membership. Hopefully that has been resolved for renewal in 2018!

If you select the correct option on keepandshare, it's Free! I do not remove people from my list of friends unless they are deliberately counter productive.
              If keepandshare users ignore their reminders and their account gets cancelled, I have no influence and it's not my responsibility.

Finally, since Jan 2012, 25,000+ of my documents have been downloaded from keepandshare specifically Marina/Marlin owners. Can the MOC claim the same number of docs shared with not only Marlin owners, but Marina and other kit cars using the same Marina donor?

I doubt it, but I have a catalogue of new info that I have yet to share!

I have PM'd Jean Pierre, if he replies via email and confirms his details, full access to keepandshare will be restored.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Thank you for your patience

Comment

Calm down Steve, not everybody is as tech savvy as you, he forgot to tell you, plus a slight language barrier!
                  YKC 1994 Roadster LWB 3.5 Rover V8

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Turpin View Post
                    Calm down Steve, not everybody is as tech savvy as you, he forgot to tell you, plus a slight language barrier!
                    Perfectly calm thanks. What you are unaware of are the background private communications.
                    I have re added Jean Pierre to my friends list he now has the access rights he had under his old username.

This sort of situation has occurred before, and I felt it was a perfect time to clarify my position and to highlight the prime reason why I have to do unnecessary detective work to resolve problems that people create for themselves and leave me to resolve.

I spent a considerable amount of time setting up my archive, it's free to access, and I get no reward other than the satisfaction of providing a great deal of information in one central area, which helps people keep their cars on the road.
                    MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
                    X