Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourteen wheels

Coming soon:
    14 wheels go to Cahors leaving Plymouth on Friday 16th June.
    Moll, a Grinnall, a Morgan Trike and a 1964 Sunbeam Alpine. Seven people, Buddy and his pal Poppy are participating. No autoroute, all local roads eek. Here's sensing an incoming map book faff.
    Watch this space from 17th onwards if we manage to start at all !
    Marlin Berlinetta 2.1 Efi

Re: Fourteen wheels

Bon chance!!

Comment

Make sure you try the vin de noix .. and say hello to the river Lot for me. Safe trip.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi all I didn't delete the above post. Don't know what happened. I'll try again.

Comment

Sorry I'm a bit late but IT problems have been substantial.
          We departed home on Friday morning at 0500 to meet the others at their farm. I don't thi k that Moll had ever been so heavy. Two people and luggage plus Buddy and his bits an pieces. We were off to Plymouth in our little convoy at 0530 and the roads were all but clear. My first snag was at 1 mile. Cheryl had problems with the passenger window. It had stuck open. A loose bolt was discovered jamming. It and we were soon on our way. At the ferry port the Grinnall and Morgan went one way and Moll plus the Alpine were directed another. We asked for lower deck to avoid ground clearance issues on the upper ramps but were denied. The Grinnall did scrape it's front wing but the others survived.
          The girls went off to the cabin and us lads stayed yarning in the lounge. Buddy was able to stay in his dog crate in the car with his pal in the car next to ours. Smooth crossing and Roscoff next.

Comment

At Roscoff it was busy on the car deck , dropping hoods and packing the dog crate away. The efficient immigration guys got us through quickly and after joining with our team in a nearby car park we were on our way to our first night stop. It was warmer weather but Moll kept her temperature at a normal indication.
            We had already decided that we would not use autoroutes and would stop within two hours to let the dogs cool down and have exercise. I was surprised at the number of industrial parks along the route and how many roundabouts we needed to negotiate.......the wrong way round, hee hee.
            The Morgan led as Phillip drives down to Cahors often. We soon noticed we were leaving the Alpine behindso after the first stop we positioned Shaun behind the Morgan with Trevor in the very fast Grinnall next, myself and Moll being the tail gunner. Thank heavens I fitted running lights just before we left so we were always in view to the leaders. We did have hands free PMR radios but kept suffering snags with them.
            We routed via Hillfoot and Rosporden stopping at our hotel at 1900 . Le Cronze du Mourrillion was quaint and after refuelling we settled down to a fine dinner. Day one and all running well.

Comment

Working...
            X