Reaching the gear lever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaching the gear lever.

When I rescued my Roadster the seats were flat on the floor and my knees were well bent, very uncomfortable. But I could reach the gear lever. I did what it said in the build manual and raised the front edge of the seat a couple of inches, Comfortable but now I cannot reach the gear lever. About 6" short so I extended and cranked it, now I can reach it. Every other Roadster I have seen has the gear lever where mine was, so how do other people manage? My arms are normal sort of length and I like the lever under my hand. Would dropping the seat through the floor help?

Re: Reaching the gear lever.

Hi Dave

My Marlin is the long wheelbase

Not sure how clear it is in the photo's, but my floor is aluminium and is dropped by an inch under the seats. Bearing in mind the difference in thickness of a wooden floor vs this aluminium floor it probably adds up to about 1-1/2" lower than most below the seats

The seating arrangement I have is perhaps a bit odd as it is a bench back and separate seat squabs

The top of my seat squab is 6 inches above the foot well floor. This is comfortable for mew and gives a good eye line through the screen

I too had to extend bend and extend the gearstick so that it is in line with the steering wheel when in neutral and that way it falls easily to hand

Most others I have seen have been modified in a similar way

This works ok for me

Like yourself I like to think I am a pretty normal shape!

Hope you get it sorted

Phil
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Reaching the gear lever.

Lovely job cheers for that. I have pipe foam on the hood sticks to rest my head against. Mine is the SWB so I think dropping the seats might help.

Comment

Working...
      X