X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please

Greetings all
    I am after a little advice please,
    On the back of my Marlin the bushes that go through the rear of the frame have perrished. does anyone know where I can get replacments from or what is the best alternative.
    Thanks
    Darth vader
    Mike

Re: Advice Please

Superflex
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Mornin' Mike, I guess you mean these ?
      Current wisdom is to replace all three on the rear spring with poly bushes, well worth the expense.
      And while you're at it also replace the front tie rod bushes with poly as well
      Search the site for many threads about it and where to get them
      Keep up the great work Rgds DC
      Edit : Predictably SG beat me to it, Superflex is the name
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dcunn; 18-06-17, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Forum search

Last edited by stevejgreen; 18-06-17, 08:10 AM.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
          Mornin' Mike, I guess you mean these ?
          Current wisdom is to replace all three on the rear spring with poly bushes, well worth the expense.

Edit : Predictably SG beat me to it, Superflex is the name
          It's established wisdom particularly on the front suspension tie rods, but everywhere else! There has never been a single criticism, except the cost, but it's quality that you pay for.

A Marlin Roadster is particularly more vulnerable to UV light, the prime reason for the OEM parts degradation on a more open chassis.

When I have previously published on this forum, in Pitstop, and elsewhere, it is always nice to provide full, complete and accurate information first.
          MOC member since 05/97

Comment

Working...
          X