JRR- Triumph special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JRR- Triumph special

Based on a 2litre Triumph Vitesse 1966 vintage and registered as a Triumph Special
    It was built by Paul Moorhouse in 1976 as 1 of 2 cars that set the style of the Marlin range of cars.
    Acquired in 2009 as the 4th owners (after Paul M) and subjected to a rebuild
    All Suspension removed and overhauled with new bearings and bushes.
    All tyres removed from wheels and wheels cleaned and painted prior to tyre re-fitting.
    Prop--shaft and drive-shafts rebuilt with new bearings. ETC,ETC
    Contact Derek Jones for full description
    01352 771183, [email protected]
    Offers

Re: JRR- Triumph special

Shouldn't we try to keep this in the club, can the club afford to buy it, could we 'group purchase' it and get it stored somewhere?

Derek was asking £1900, I'll chip in £100, plus some small amount for annual storage, if that's a reasonable amount!

Details and pics here
    Last edited by David; 31-07-17, 09:12 PM. Reason: Link to other thread
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

My thoughts were if the funds could be raised perhaps a museum like Haynes would possibly be interested.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

I have talked to Llangollen Motor Museum and they said that they where interested in it. It would cost to insure it for the stay. I have not got anymore info at present

Comment

I could chip in a little too. How about pictures?

Comment

The pictures can be seen by clicking the "here" in David's Post yesterday. I would also be willing to donate towards keeping JRR in the Marlin Club, part of the Marlin history. I am still chasing Ernie Warrender for an article about his time working for Marlin at the factory around 1980's history, needs to be kept alive for people to see. Haynes Museum has an area just full of RED cars, I will inquire when next I pass just in case, I know they have cars on loan. David.

Comment

Here are some pictures
              Attached Files

Comment

What happened to JRR, kept, sold?
                - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Sold

Comment

Up for sale again, by auction.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C925922

Est £4500-5500, previous buyer turning a quick £ or change of heart?

Comment

Working...
                    X