Dolomite Sprint Axle for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolomite Sprint Axle for sale

After good intentions I lost interest in fitting this to my Roadster & stuck with the Marina axle...it's now getting in my way and realistically I will never do anything with it so it needs to go.

Bearings replaced & leaf-spring pads welded on plus NOS brake drums (some surface rust) & new shoes.
    Needs the spring pads welding properly, half-shafts shimming and reassembly.

Collection only (its heavy!) - £100.

PM me if interested...located in Telford, Shropshire.

PS - its NOT the LSD version
    Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
    Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Re: Dolomite Sprint Axle for sale

Originally posted by lil_red_roadster View Post
    After good intentions I lost interest in fitting this to my Roadster & stuck with the Marina axle...it's now getting in my way and realistically I will never do anything with it so it needs to go.

Bearings replaced & leaf-spring pads welded on plus NOS brake drums (some surface rust) & new shoes.
    Needs the spring pads welding properly, half-shafts shimming and reassembly.

Collection only (its heavy!) - £100.

PM me if interested...located in Telford, Shropshire.

PS - its NOT the LSD version
    As an alternative to an overdrive box, it's recommended. You might lose low end acceleration, but top end cruising is so much more relaxed. Also useful if you plan to take power beyond MGB tuning to fit a Zetec, but a few still manage with a stock Marina axle, most parts of which are available through Rimmer Bros..

An alternative is of course to fit a different ratio Marina/Dolomite diff centre that is a drop in swap. I documented all the options for Marina/Ital axles on keepandshare.

You will need to shorten your propshaft, and double check your transmission tunnel width towards the rear, between the seats, as the diff nose is significantly larger.

There are also mods required to the brake hydraulics and handbrake mechanism, but nothing stupidly serious.

Halfshaft shimming is a bit of a pain, but not difficult if you follow the workshop manual.

For £100 and a little bit of fiddling around, it's ideal if you tend towards A road motoring and fitting in with 70mph speeds.

Search this forum, keepandshare, and fastmarina posts for my experiences, including fitting MGF rear discs, probably a bit excessive, but technically quite easy if you have contacts with laser cutting and sheet metal folding metal bashers.

For £100 it's a steal if all the Dolomite suspension bracketry has been stripped off.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Working...
    X