Kit car prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit car prices

If you think Marlin prices are on the steep side in some instances check this out!!
    E bay item number 142489868496

Re: Kit car prices

Wrong item number, I think. That one is for a basketball card!

Comment

Thanks Jon,
      should be 142489868946

Comment

Check out the prices of AC Cobra kit cars. My mates just sold his 5.7 chevvy engined car for around £25k and that was a bargain for somebody!
        Gareth.

Comment

The one I'm referring to is based on a Herald/Vitesse and is £24000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dis dude is deluded methinks (or should it be dat dude ?)

Comment

I saw that and laughed, me thinks someone has sold him an expensive build of a really cheap chassis/kit combination but the end result is impressive looking. He may have wel spent that on it, but resale value is nowhere near the advertised price. Unless of course you're a dealer with a sharp sales pitch
              - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
              - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
              - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
              - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
              - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

This Lancia replica, is a Miglia body on a Vitesse chassis built by a chap who goes by the title Mister Towed on the madabout kit cars forum
                Miglia threads.

If you have the patience you can goe back over the diarised build you will see how it was built??????
                Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Hi Ben. I've had the privilege of following that particular build also!!!!!! David

Comment

With the collapse of the GBP due to Brexit, kit cars with the correct paperwork are dirt cheap, 20% or so, than they were pre referendum, for our European friends.

That may have a small impact on prices.
                    MOC member since 05/97
                    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
                    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
                    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
                      This Lancia replica, is a Miglia body on a Vitesse chassis built by a chap who goes by the title Mister Towed on the madabout kit cars forum
                      Miglia threads.

If you have the patience you can goe back over the diarised build you will see how it was built??????
                      This bloke should be on the stage! hes a bloody comedian

post#10

Last edited by b_caswell; 16-09-17, 09:37 PM.
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Practically £8K for that? Or perhaps I should have said.. tat?

And that dash board? Looks like someone needs to invest in some welding lessons...... and, brushed paint on it? Oh for pities sake, what was the builder thinking of?

Proof if it was ever needed that there is always someone out there who's prepared to try and polish a turd! And then present it for sale at Damien Hirst prices.
                        2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

I also follow Madabout Kit cars and I must ay Sammio builders do seem a bit different. Its not about polishing a turd though . It is finding someone who agrees with you about the value of what you are selling. £40k Land rovers anyone? S1s I mean.

Comment

Working...
                          X