North Coast 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Coast 500

Managed to do my version of the North 500 plus some more taking in Skye & Black Isle and detours to various points.
    Lost a windscreen wiper 60 miles south of Wick located a replacement in Thurso at a most obliging auto factors rummaged through boxes to try and find a fitting comprised with duck tape in the end, surface water demolished the horn and made the fan belt squeal at inopportune moments.
    We towed the Marlin by trailer to Dingwall left it with the motorhome on the campsite and set off in the Marlin stopping at Melvich, Lochinver, Loch Maree & a couple of nights in Letterfearn for a day on Skye.
    Bealach Na Ba ascent & descent was most entertaining even in heavy rain, we did go back on a better day which proved well worthwhile
    The car attracted a lot of attention people asking about it are you mad with the roof down etc, did not see anything else of much interest TVR, Porsches etc lot of MX5
    The owner at Black Isle Brewery loved the car took lots of photos not enough for a free supply though, he was genuinely surprised when I gave him a rough guide to prices
    Excellent scenery and the enjoyable stops at independently run hotels, cafes restaurants etc and meeting various people on the journey made the 9 hour trek to Dingwall well worthwhile
    Dave Clutterbuck
    Last edited by dave_clutterbuck; 04-09-17, 10:56 PM.

Re: North Coast 500

Well done DC from DC

Comment

Re: North Coast 500

Thanks DC, something I have wanted to do for a while.
      It did occur to me in bad weather near Durness that the main components of the car are in excess of 30 years old, not sure how comforting this would have been to my wife if I had mentioned this.

Comment

Working...
      X