Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabrio on ebay

Originally posted by peterboat View Post
    I have a trade policy and its not the cost its what they will pay to replace or repair the car
    And that's determined by the market value... which is why agreed value is a good thing
    Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

I didn't think that a 'Hunter' comprised all new components ? Suspension/ diff/steering rack/hubs/heater unit etc etc. Engine might have been a new unit but I always thought most other parts were recon.
      Maybe Danny can clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by dogoncrazy View Post
        I didn't think that a 'Hunter' comprised all new components ? Suspension/ diff/steering rack/hubs/heater unit etc etc. Engine might have been a new unit but I always thought most other parts were recon.
        Maybe Danny can clarify.
        V5 Declared NEW at first registration, given these things were nearly 30K the cost of the bits as a powertrain purchase is a small part of the car. I mean what would a new rack cost against a secondhand one? If secondhand parts are used would it have been able to earn a new registration? Its a shame as I threw some stuff away when the Hunter was hit I could have found the date codes and seen how old they were, but I suspect it was all new when registered

Comment

I may be missing something, why is items being new approx 20 years ago relevant to insurers ?, items are far from new now.
          My experience with insurers is agreed low mileage, agreed value, post code, garage etc are the most relevant
          A friend asked why his insurance seemed high, reply was well there is a bail hostel within so many miles of your house.

Comment

Originally posted by dave_clutterbuck View Post
            I may be missing something, why is items being new approx 20 years ago relevant to insurers ?, items are far from new now.
            My experience with insurers is agreed low mileage, agreed value, post code, garage etc are the most relevant
            A friend asked why his insurance seemed high, reply was well there is a bail hostel within so many miles of your house.
            I am in the trade and for trade insurance they dont like things out of the ordinary, the Hunter as a factory car is safer for them than a one off kit build. Also it is built with new parts so the mileage on the speedo is aprox the same for the running gear. However Cabrios are built with for the most secondhand parts which could have over 100K on them pre build! So for my insurers, the Hunter is built to a standard and as the factory is still open parts should be available [ha ha]. Now the Cabrios I have seen have been built to superb spec but the insurers dont know that. My insurers are more than happy to accept my purchase invoice as a valuation and would either pay more or less because of pre accident condition. They would also be happy for me to keep the car if it was deemed BER after an accident. My trade policy really is very different from a limited mileage agreed value policy
            Last edited by peterboat; 14-09-17, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X