Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sprint / hill climb

Originally posted by stephenlilley View Post
    Ah yes !!!, the Imp with a sting in its tail.
    I used to have a clan crusader updated to Irish spec great car, My mate had a Stilleto with a turbo on the engine used to have a sign on it engineering by the Ghengis Khan school of engineering it was a very fast car

Comment

the engine origin was a detuned Coventry climax lump I seem to remember from the depths of my memory!

Comment

I am sure they were the engine of choice for Fire engine pumps.

Comment

and Formula One...for a time...
          Marlin Roadster, LWB...1860 B Series + Ford Type 9
          Renault Espace 54mm front calipers, vented discs, cycle wings and adjustable tie-bars.

Comment

We had these as portable pumps in the London Fire Brigade and they had a venturi evacutor in the exhaust system to prime the pump when lifting water.
            It was a case of full revs and then operate the primer. Not sure what the max revs was but was amazing that they never went bang.
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

OK doe's anyone have any videos on YouTube of there cars either on track or road, it's funny and would anyone agree with me when I say if you see a modern car driven by a 17year old with a noisy exhaust you laugh, but if you see an old car with a carefully selected throaty exhaust it's a thing of beauty and delight to the ears. Or is it just me

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
                We had these as portable pumps in the London Fire Brigade and they had a venturi evacutor in the exhaust system to prime the pump when lifting water.
                It was a case of full revs and then operate the primer. Not sure what the max revs was but was amazing that they never went bang.
                They were on Green Goddesses as well as the portable pump. On my Clan it was a 998 unit wills rings instead of head gasket R23 cam big valve head twin 40 Weber's, from memory it would rev to 10k and go like the wind!!!

Comment

Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by lord latham View Post
                    OK doe's anyone have any videos on YouTube of there cars either on track or road, it's funny and would anyone agree with me when I say if you see a modern car driven by a 17year old with a noisy exhaust you laugh, but if you see an old car with a carefully selected throaty exhaust it's a thing of beauty and delight to the ears. Or is it just me
                    Good point, I totally agree. Each is a source of pride to the owner.
                    Stumbling around in the dark
                    Marina based SWB roadster
                    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Cars leaving the action day last year

Mines at 1:14...
                      Mk2 SWB Marina Roadster with a 2.0L Pinto built in 1986

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                        https://youtu.be/7w0fWkKpBg0

Cars leaving the action day last year

Mines at 1:14...
                        "that is lovely"

It is....
                        - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
                        - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
                        - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
                        - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
                        - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Working...
                        X