Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why I'm a Club Member

Originally posted by ggrum View Post
    In my opinion our club forum does a fantastic job of dealing with members CAR related problems and communicating events and what people have doing with their cars. However, every now and again, it gets out of hand and starts to get personal. When this happens I don't think it puts the club in a very good light. If you must hurl insults at each other may I suggest you use the private messaging service instead. Otherwise, please be civil to each other and remember we are a CAR club and not some sort of political debating society.

Chairman
    I couldn't agree more. Please can we close this thread, it's becoming embarrassing. I beg people to stop airing personal grievances on the open forum which is viewable by the whole world and does the club no good at all.

Meantime I'm back under the car to work on a front suspension upgrade. Peter.
    Last edited by greyV8pete; 17-10-17, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Turpin View Post
      PS Membership of MOC is not compulsory (The club seems to irritate you)

I confess to being more of a user than a contributor as Steve states in his mails, however, I have to say I do not find his opinions on this offensive as being fairly new to Marlin ownership it takes time to build on existing car knowledge to get to the position of being able to give useful, correct, advice to club members; that said I do throw in the odd morsel where I can. Yes, I do use the MOC as a first look source of knowledge and I do appreciate it.

What ‘does’ concern me is what appears to be a growing trend in a few recent mails as shown in the above quote. I recognize Michael is not the first nor only person to use this quote hence I am responding to the comment and not the poster. At times I suppose frustration can cause its use but do we really want to be seen as a club whereby we are effectively telling people who have an opinion that if they don’t like it then they can always just leave?

If I was an outsider viewing these forums I would not find this to be an attractive aspect of the club and would tend to view the club in a negative light.

I draw people’s attention to the quote in the recent constitution post:

“Finally I would like to draw your attention to our code of conduct which under the heading misconduct lists:
      a) behaviours that are discriminatory or that insult, antagonise or harass other club members
      b) abusive language
      c) behaviour that damages the reputation of the Marlin Owners Club

You might like to consider how your posts relate to these points”

When responding to posts we would ‘all’ do well to consider the above points and where what we intend to post sits in relation to the above before clicking on Post Quick Reply.

Neil (aka Wigs)
      Last edited by wiggiesworld; 17-10-17, 12:35 PM.
      2000 Marlin Cabrio LWB; 2.0 L Burton Pinto in Ford Nightfire Red with Magnolia leather interior.

http://www.marlinownersclub.com/wppg...&image_id=2349

Comment

^ well said that man!!

Comment

Well said Wigs

Comment

Working...
          X