Advice needed on whether to restore or flog Berli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on whether to restore or flog Berli

Hi, This is not a for sale thread, I could do with some advice. That being said, please move if it breaks any forum rules.

I need to sell my Berlinetta but could do with some advice on whether to pay someone to restore then sell, or just sell in current condition.

I have a 1979 Registered Cortina based Berli with 2ltr standard Pinto engine, weber DGV Carb, 5-speed box, adjustable front wish-bones, adjustable shocks. Completely new tyres and alloys. Soft-top which requires setting up.

Bodywork needs some attention (respray and a few panels straightening). Needs carpets. Runs and has MOT but I just don't have time to restore or use it really.

I don't want to flog it off for spares so could do with some helpful opinions please..

Many thanks.
    Matt
    Attached Files

Re: Advice needed on whether to restore or flog Berli

My personal opinion is that you are better to sell as the car stands. Berlinetta Cortina based models in good condition do not command high prices. If you pay someone to restore I do not believe you could get your money back. More likely to lose quite a bit. If you want my help I am sure I could get you a fair price for your car. I will send you my details if you think I can help. Danny Nelson.

Comment

Please do Danny. I think we've spoken on the phone years ago. Cheers
      Matt

Comment

Hi Matt, perhaps you could give me a call on 01214537250 evenings or [email protected], I just need a few details and a chat.

Comment

If in doubt, sell.
          An excellent piece of advice for any circumstance.
          MOC member since 05/97
          1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
          1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
          Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

A photo from the gallery.

IMG_0075.JPG
            - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
            - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
            - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
            - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
            - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

Hi Matt I am a new member so not an expert on Marlins but I have bought and sold cars all my life and I can assure you to cut losses and sell is by far the best way
              I think with kit cars the new buyer more often than not wants to fettle and tinker with their new buy and put their own Mark upon it so as it is might be much more of an attraction

Comment

Hi Matt, if you get in touch I may have a potential buyer for you. Danny.

Comment

Working...
                X