Fuel Filler Drain Tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Filler Drain Tube

I have always been annoyed that when stopping for fuel on a rainy day the filler recess is so full of water that it is in danger of getting into the fuel tank.

I drilled a hole through the fibreglass at the lowest point and lightly countersunk the outer edge. I then used Araldite to fix in a short piece of 8mm bore dural tube that I had put a flare in with a brake pipe tool

Once set I reinforced the inside with some epoxy metal putty. A fuel hose clip was used secure a piece of flexible rubber tube which passes down the side of the filler neck and exits below the front of the fuel tank, clear of the exhaust!

When the filler cap is on the hole is hidden from sight but I painted the outside edge to match the body colour with a small touch up pen for a tidy finish.

Any water, or spilled fuel, now instantly disappears down the drain tube, so a fiddly but rewarding job.

Peter.
    Attached Files

Re: Fuel Filler Drain Tube

Ho ho ho!
    I shall be following suit :-)

Comment

I did someting very similar, and also to the spare tyre well so my feet didn't get wet if I opened the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_cussen View Post
        I did someting very similar, and also to the spare tyre well so my feet didn't get wet if I opened the boot.
        Hi Chris. The spare wheel well drain is also on my "to do" list! Peter.

Comment

Working...
        X