Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power point / cigarette lighter

Hi,
    My car came without a power point / cigarette lighter. The problem I had was that they all seem unsuitable for a wood dash due to its thickness, and all suitable for mounting to a thin plastic or metal dash
    Over the Xmas period I visited Maplins and found this ......... see pictures. It has a very long mounting thread, making it suitable for most applications , it comes with a splash proof cover,see pic which you can use or remove, no lighter its self though and no light......no problem to me as I do not smoke'.
    WP_20171231_16_10_26_Pro.jpgWP_20171231_16_05_29_Pro.jpg.
    00ps 2nd picture upside down
    Last edited by burgoyne 69; 07-01-18, 06:12 PM.

Re: Power point / cigarette lighter

I have mounted something similar on the bulkhead (steel strengthener bar) using it's original right angle bracket facing downwards underneath the dash ... its hidden from view but in a useful place ... can be either used for satnav etc. or charging the battery via my CTEK .. didn't want to cut the dash & it complements the minimalist look of 30's roadster I'm trying to achieve.
    Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
    Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Re: Power point / cigarette lighter

Simpleish solution is to recess the back of the dash. Not forgetting an earth connection.

Comment

Working...
      X