Fire extinguishers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire extinguishers

As a matter of interest, how many owners carry a fire ext. what type and when was it last checked?

Re: Fire extinguishers

I do in both my Marlin and MGA - paid dividends when MGA caught alight as I started it. It saved a lot of futher damage. As a result I went out and bought bigger ones incl one for garage - search ebay well there is wild variation in price an quality

Comment

I have always had one in my Roadster, now transferred to the Hunter, and Yes, I do check it says it has pressure, and I give it a shake every so often. David.

Comment

Carried one in all my vehicles where possible. Used them three times, always on others cars. Invaluable.
        yes I keep a track of pressure and dates.
        Wilst I was in the UK, I was involved in building management so I had good contacts with fire extinguisher companies and they nearly all appeared as free gifts.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

OOOOOOWWW I do hope you declared 'em to the forerunners of HMRC!!!! ; - D)

Comment

I deleted the above which was some statistics but the column detail was missing so it was gobble de gook
            Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
              I deleted the above which was some statistics but the column detail was missing so it was gobble de gook
              You might as well have left it. Those of us subscribed to the thread saw it in an email.
              MOC member since 05/97
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Stott View Post
                OOOOOOWWW I do hope you declared 'em to the forerunners of HMRC!!!! ; - D)
                How I managed my business is between me the Tax man and HMRC. Nothing to do with you!
                MOC member since 05/97

Comment

^ sense of humour by pass then, I wish there was an ignore button as on some other forums!

Comment

The information from Ben can be found here:

This page gives a picture of the deleted data:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Eggs sell ent Thanks that's the gist of what my post had included.
                      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Working...
                      X