Gallery Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery Updated

With many thanks to our hard working webmaster I now have access again, so today have uploaded some 70 pictures

I try to have a single picture of each car, however some duplicates may sneak in !

If yours is not there, my email address is in Pitstop, so send me the picture you would like to see in the Gallery

Many thanks Paul

Rgds DC

Re: Gallery Updated

Sorry David, I’m either blind, daft, or just an old wrinkly pensioner! Can’t yet see the car, or did I say I’d send you another photo later?

Is there a ‘search’ option, there are a lot of models in the gallery, but no Hunters - Are we excluded ‘cos we didn’t build it ourselves'..?

( I tried to add a 'smiley' as that's just a joke; but if I do, I get a nasty screen telling me that I've invoked an illegal option - one for the Webmaster)!

Actually, it's quite interesting, how you access the 'Gallery' one option is Cabrio only, then another is Cabrio/Hunter. Interesting....?

Choose a photo:-
    Photographs of our 1997 Marlin Hunter R500 ULA (previously R640 NTT). Purchased in February 2018 to mark the anniversary of Colin surviving two years with Myeloid Leukaemia.
    Last edited by kahawi; 05-06-18, 06:27 PM.
    Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

I have just looked on Cabrio/Hunter and I can see my Hunter and others ??

Comment

Kahawi - You know what thought did.............................

I hadn't

I have now

Apologies

DC

Comment

To be fair, you are right, Hunters do appear!

Image3.jpg
          Marlin Hunter R500 ULA 1997 Ford-Based Hunter with 2.3 DOHC L4 engine, chassis/kit No. 157

Comment

Originally posted by kahawi View Post
            <snip>
            Is there a ‘search’ option, there are a lot of models in the gallery, but no Hunters - Are we excluded ‘cos we didn’t build it ourselves'..?

( I tried to add a 'smiley' as that's just a joke; but if I do, I get a nasty screen telling me that I've invoked an illegal option - one for the Webmaster)!
            <snip>
            I can confirm that you don’t have to have built your car to be a member. In fact I believe most members did not build their cars. Even members without cars are welcome, including members who are looking to buy and those who have sold, maintaining an interest in the cars and helping others.

Hunters are included in the Cabrio/Hunter section. One of the cars in your photos can be found by searching the last the three letters of the reg number in the gallery section. I know Dave has been vacationing recently and may have some catching up to do. I see he may have done it.

There are lots of reasons you may have made an “illegal option” with smileys. It is probably related to the device you are using. Let me know if it’s important enough to want to work through it with you.

‘“illegal option” with smileys’ is not a phrase I would have used 30 years ago!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by kahawi View Post
              <snip>
              Actually, it's quite interesting, how you access the 'Gallery' one option is Cabrio only, then another is Cabrio/Hunter. Interesting....?
              <snip>
              I have taken a look at this. It does show incorrectly as "Cabrio" on the pull down but fixing it is above my pay grade (zero). I’m not sure it’s important enough to pay someone to fix it.
              Paul

Comment

The gallery takes forever to load and work through. Is there any chance that the first window pics could be thumbnails of extremely small file size so quick to scroll through? Then clicking or tapping on a chosen thumbnail would open up the full size image?

Comment

Originally posted by mocad2016 View Post
                  I have taken a look at this. It does show incorrectly as "Cabrio" on the pull down but fixing it is above my pay grade (zero). I’m not sure it’s important enough to pay someone to fix it.
                  Paul
                  When I look at it they all show the correct pulldown????

Comment

Originally posted by greyV8pete View Post
                    The gallery takes forever to load and work through. Is there any chance that the first window pics could be thumbnails of extremely small file size so quick to scroll through? Then clicking or tapping on a chosen thumbnail would open up the full size image?
                    It only takes a few seconds to load which ever model you select(even the roadster page with 850 pics !) then instead of clicking side ways to each car, just scroll down and the thumbnails are under neath.
                    Last edited by b_caswell; 06-06-18, 02:40 PM.
                    Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Originally posted by h_m_cumming View Post
                      When I look at it they all show the correct pulldown????
                      Yep, I should get a pay rise! I understand the committe is considering 50% more.
                      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by b_caswell View Post
                        It only takes a few seconds to load which ever model you select(even the roadster page with 850 pics !) then instead of clicking side ways to each car, just scroll down and the thumbnails are under neath.
                        That’s true but the Roadster has 18* pages of thumbnails! The graphics are a bit slow to load, about 12-15 seconds on my laptop. It seems to load the full size pictures then shrink them to thumbnails. It would take 4.5 minutes to scroll through 18 pages. It feels a lot longer. Any Wordpress gurus out there would like to advise us?

If you know three letters of the registration number it works well but it is difficult to locate a car visually. If you are looking for a specific page you can change the url (the gobbledegook at the top which starts www and ends _page=17) to the required page.
                        Paul

*For some reason page one thinks there are only 17 pages.

Comment

I've tried to have the contents of the galleries listed by reg number (the file name) but I'm not sure if this is happening

Whenever I upload pics they seem to be placed in order of uploading

DC

Comment

Originally posted by dcunn View Post
                            I've tried to have the contents of the galleries listed by reg number (the file name) but I'm not sure if this is happening

Whenever I upload pics they seem to be placed in order of uploading

DC
                            I must send you a new pic DC , mine was taken mid 're-commission' ! It looks like a shed on wheels ... .. so I guess now it's a polished & MOT'd SOW !

BR .. Richard
                            Triumph Herald 1200 based Roadster
                            Bought in 1983 as a running restoration

Comment

Richard - I've removed the old pic and replaced it with a later one - hope it's OK for you

Rgds DC

Comment

Working...
                              X