clutch slave cyclinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch slave cyclinder

hi, roadster 1800 b series ,the clutch slave cylinder is weeping fluid. I have removed bleed nipple & feed union also push rood. but can not get the slave cylinder out, it comes up against the clutch release arm. which I have tried to push back to the rear with a iron bar as best I can(at age 74!)
    what methods have others used to extract the cylinder ?.regards bob.

Re: clutch slave cyclinder

Hi Bob,
    I have the 1.3 but has the same bell housing. Unfortunately that is the only way to release it, I used a roofers wrecking bar which is a flatter crow bar and gives more room to pull the slave out but if you are not careful it can slip when you have the clutch arm under tension. You could remove the dust cover as well to give you slightly more room.

61245487-7353-4636-B002-3FE5EDDCBF1A.jpeg

Good luck, cheers, Martin.
    Last edited by meverett; 27-03-18, 07:45 PM.

Comment

There is a BL special tool for this job, extremely rare now, but easily replicated.
      The tool and the procedure for removing the slave cylinder is illustrated in the BL Morris Marina Workshop Manual

What I have used successfully is a heavy duty ratchet strap hooked over the clutch arm and tensioned back to the rear axle. It holds the arm in the released position without further effort.

General wisdom is to replace the clutch cylinder with a reconditioned one, don’t bother with replacing the seals, there are a few different types, though the external bodies are identical at first glance. Once again Chris Weedon is your man.

All the necessary info has been previously published in Pitstop and inevitably at Keepandshare. Follow the link in my forum signature below.
      MOC member since 05/97
      1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
      1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
      Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

thanks martin &steve for info.
        cheers bob.

Comment

Working...
        X