Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with BMW electronics

Hi meverett
    If you want to sell I'm definitely interested!

Comment

Hi Duncan,
      Ok as it’s a spare I am more than happy to help out.
      This is it, it needs a good clean up but in one piece. The original builder used window putty to install the windscreen, most of it is off though.
      If you could pm me with your full address I will get a quote to ship through UPS.
      Cheers, Martin.

7C83A0A9-EE6F-490C-B604-22C1994A3AC9.jpeg

D0C87D56-34CC-498C-8C63-D80175EAF89D.jpeg
      Last edited by meverett; 04-04-18, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys

Engine mounts made and in place - I had just finished them when you told me about the shape of the missing bit!
        My own fault I should have joined the Marlin Owners Club back in February when the Marlin arrived!

I haven't rechecked engine clearance with the right bonnet line yet
        If it does interfere it will be only just and I should be able to move the two fiberglass bit up a few mm

I've put a new cross brace in - just tacked in place

The torsion bar ends look much better to me rotated around so they react on the chassis rails - I will need to shorten the bolts

The engine/gearbox is offset 50mm to the passengers side
        With the floor at 120mm ground clearance the sump and the gearbox will be at 100mm ground clearance

In NZ I will be building it to our "Scratchbuilt" rules - so I will need to do some reinforcing on the chassis

We have an excellent system here - about 20 years ago when the Government was going to crack down on these modified cars the New Zealand Hot Rod Association (NZHRA) made them an offer
        The NZHRA then set up the system and basically operates it to ensure that all modified cars are safe
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice workshop! Sounds like you will have an easier time building a kit in N.Z than here. regards Liz

Comment

Hi Duncan, nice shed and car lift.
            Why don’t you look into replacing the torsion bars with coil overs. There is a recent thread that is interesting where someone else has done it. Going to look into replacing them myself as I’m sure other owners will too.
            Sent you a pm about posting the windscreen trim.
            Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Hi
              The car lifts are dead cheap - $2500NZ all up - about 1250 pounds - I have seen trolley jacks costing more than that

A local hot rod company brings in container loads from China
              When I went to pick mine up there was a que of cars with trailers! - some people were taking several hoists
              Things like sheds are a bit easier here as there is so much more space - about 1 million people on South Island

I quite like the torsion bars - see what I think when I drive it! - my friends Marlin from ages ago was a Mk1 - triumph suspension

But I'm not looking to make this a real performance monster

"Duncan's Dubius Device" is my performance car

The Marlin is going to be my "Good Looking" car
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Duncan,
                Glad my few Roadster spares made it to New Zealand safely. Be interested to see them as your project moves forward.
                Cheers, Martin.

Comment

Working...
                X