Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabri0 For Sale

This is posted on behalf of Gary Thorpe

Owing to the fact that I am now going to live permanently in Spain, I would like to sell my Marlin Cabrio. Although it has been registered and been on the road, I have had various troubles mostly to do with petrol which is now semi resolved as I have fitted a stainless steel tank rather than the aluminium original. There are several jobs that still need to be done and I was wondering if any of your members would be prepared to buy the car and finish off my work. If anyone would like any more details please contact me via my e-mail address as I am in Spain at the moment and will be returning to the UK on 29th June for approx two months.

The car is a long wheel base version fitted with a 2.8 Ford V6 with unleaded conversion and injection system removed and carburetor fitted. The original problem with the fuel was that the aluminium tank corroded and so a stainless steel tank has now been fitted. Existing problems with the car are a fuel starvation problem when engine is on full throttle. Also there is an overheating problem due to the Kenlowe fan not working. I have enquired with Kenlowes and a new updated sensor will cure the problem. Also the heater hoses are in the process of being replaced but I have not yet completed the job. The vehicle is on the original donor registration which is now in excess of 25 years so I believe no road tax is payable. The vehicle from new has completed approximately 7000 miles.

Please contact me at [email protected]
    Attached Files
Working...
X