Roadsters in Devon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadsters in Devon.

A friend just sent me a photo of a pair of Marlins on trailers in woodland or a garden which his daughter took over the Bank Holiday at or near Newton Abbott. One is red and the other is white or silver.

I don't know if anyone in the area knows of these or if they are for sale or whatever. If anyone is interested I'll try to find out more if there is no other information.

Re: Roadsters in Devon.

Where is the photo?

Comment

Sorry, I'm having trouble getting it off my phone and onto this post. Need a handy teenager !

Apparently the owner, who is the uncle of one of the girls is six foot two and both cars are SWB.

Could probably contact the owner if you are interested.

Comment

Certainly very interested in pics/reg's/chassis numbers from an archive point of view - tracing Roadsters (or at least trying to) has become a way
        of life for Ben and I - we're getting there, albeit slowly !

Could you email the pic to me from your phone, and I could put it up here ?

Comment

Roasters, Newton Abbott. 001.jpg Hopefully the photo has loaded onto this message. If not, could you let me have your e-mail and i will send it direct from my phone.

Incidentally thanks for your valuable work keeping track of known Roadsters.

Comment

Well done that man. My contact details are in Pitstop.

I'm away from home at moment so unable to look at other pics, but I've copied this one to look at/compare with others when I get back

My immediate thought is a recent thread about roadsters in a Cornwall yard, do these two look familiar ?

Once I've posted this reply I'll try to find the thread

Rgds DC

Comment

Found it ...but they're not the same two cars !

Comment

Nope, not the same Roadsters that I visited in Truro. Mind you Truro is a fair distance from the Devon Roadsters.
                Where in Devon are the Devon roadsters?

Comment

Near Newton Abbott, I must learn to pay attention to the previous posts. Doh!
                  That is a fair distance from Truro.

Comment

So who's near N Abbott and fancies a bit of sleuthing ?

Comment

I'll contact the friend who sent me the photo over the weekend and see if the owner wants to get in touch with the club.

Comment

Hello, nice photo, I'm actually only six foot nothing and apart from a couple of glitches have been a member of the club since shortly after I picked up the kit for the still unfinished one from Paul, back in the early 80's. The finished one was bought a couple of years ago with the intention of at least driving one for a bit to see if it was worth soldiering on with the build. Alas it had loads more the matter with it than I was led to believe and it has only been removed from the trailer in the photo ten days ago having sat on it since purchase! Yes I am a hopeless case. Sadly a huge amount of 'life' has interfered with my plans over the years, and for the moment continues to do so. Oh, before you get excited, I only unloaded it because I needed the trailer not because work on it was about to start any time soon. I've kept a pretty low profile up to now, I'll try to do better. I'll post the details of the finished one when I have a moment. Keep up the good work!
                        Last edited by M_King; 26-05-18, 02:47 PM.

Comment

For the purposes of the archive and our Roadster database could you please advise the chassis numbers of the two cars and
                          the reg of the "finished" one....my email details are in Pitstop, rather than putting info on this public forum

##Many Thanks Dave Cunnington

Comment

I'm delighted the mystery has been solved and the two Marlins are safe in your hands. I'll pass the good news on to Roger whose daughter took the photo. I hope sometime soon you get a chance to get to work and get one on the road.

Comment

Working...
                            X