Marlin cars facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin cars facebook

Re post 14 "Thanks for the offer DC but I think one of the other 5exi owners started to identify 'Where and Who'. I may know who it is and I'll ask them first how far they got with it...

Perhaps they would like to contact me, details in Pitstop, and we can compare notes

Rgds DC

Comment

Originally posted by stevepritch View Post
      Ben

I have to agree with you, we do not need more than one Marlin face book page, we do not need to spread ourselves too thinly.
      To that end I will be closing down the page I opened, there are 75 members already on the Marlin Enthusiasts page with an application to join waiting a response.
      Can I suggest to everyone who wants to get onto face book with the Marlin marque, the Enthusiasts page would be the one to join.
      It is moderated and controlled, My application is in.

Regards to all...........Steven (How quickly we sorted that out! )
      Can we have a a like button?? Thanks glad some members agree with me !!
      Last edited by b_caswell; 11-05-18, 01:02 PM.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Nothing wrong with having a broad choice.
        My guess is that we all chose to use a particular supermarket, but it's not necessarily the one closest.
        Or to look at it another way, every kit car needs two and often more resources, a hybrid roadster, one for the chassis, one for the engine and one for the rear axle
        I really can't see the problem, a broad selection of resources has to be best. The MOC are not the sole source of accurate definitive data

The MOC are not the last word or only resource.
        MOC member since 05/97
        1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
        1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
        Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I have a Facebook account but deactivated it a couple of years ago. Got fed up with hearing about what someone had for lunch with photos and reading about the weather not to mention all the game requests. If the Marlin Enthusiasts page is good then I may reactivate my account and thin out the friends a bit.

Comment

Nothing wrong with broad choice, but how many resources do you want? The owners club covers all of the models, the Facebook would require an interest, which would also enable questions on just about everything. Lots of knowledge and experiences. There are also many other forums as mentioned previously. It appears you want to have a page for components, Chassis, Engine, Rear Axle, not sure how that would work or how you would control it, would not want to be 'booted' for asking an axle question in a chassis page?

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
            Nothing wrong with having a broad choice.
            My guess is that we all chose to use a particular supermarket, but it's not necessarily the one closest.
            Or to look at it another way, every kit car needs two and often more resources, a hybrid roadster, one for the chassis, one for the engine and one for the rear axle
            I really can't see the problem, a broad selection of resources has to be best. The MOC are not the sole source of accurate definitive data

The MOC are not the last word or only resource.

Comment

Originally posted by stevepritch View Post
              Nothing wrong with broad choice, but how many resources do you want? The owners club covers all of the models, the Facebook would require an interest, which would also enable questions on just about everything. Lots of knowledge and experiences. There are also many other forums as mentioned previously. It appears you want to have a page for components, Chassis, Engine, Rear Axle, not sure how that would work or how you would control it, would not want to be 'booted' for asking an axle question in a chassis page?
              That is not what I want, as I tried to point out, and it seems you misunderstood, that a kit car is assembled from multiple mechanical sources and for the best advice on a hybrid as an example, the chassis is Marlin, the engine from one of several Triumph, and the Rear axle is Marina.

So I for example have paper copies of all the relevant manufacturers workshop manuals and parts lists, as well as access to each of the relevant online owners forums and resources. Each resource has its own individual relevance and significance.

As I said, the MOC is not the last word or only resource, though it does have a significant part to play.

If for example, I did not have continuing personal discussions with Marina owners around the planet, it is unlikely that the solution to Marina steering rack problems would have a workable solution. That only happens when otherwise unrelated resources actually get together cooperate and share their findings.

Finally, I manage a resource of documents at keepandshare, that I have personally collated, that is not exclusively Marlin related, it is valid for multiple Marina, and Marina based vehicles, not just Marlin Roadsters. It’s a comprehensive resource, Parts lists, Workshop manuals, and my own experiences etc etc.

Are you suggesting that I should restrict my resource to solely members of the MOC? How would that help the broader community of enthusiasts?
              MOC member since 05/97
              1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
              1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
              Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

Comment

I am not suggesting you do anything. I go to MOC because of the knowledge and experience I see there, mine is single donor BMW based, but I know of many sources of info, and many people to talk to if I have an issue, each to their own I believe.

Originally posted by stevejgreen View Post
                That is not what I want, as I tried to point out, and it seems you misunderstood, that a kit car is assembled from multiple mechanical sources and for the best advice on a hybrid as an example, the chassis is Marlin, the engine from one of several Triumph, and the Rear axle is Marina.

So I for example have paper copies of all the relevant manufacturers workshop manuals and parts lists, as well as access to each of the relevant online owners forums and resources. Each resource has its own individual relevance and significance.

As I said, the MOC is not the last word or only resource, though it does have a significant part to play.

If for example, I did not have continuing personal discussions with Marina owners around the planet, it is unlikely that the solution to Marina steering rack problems would have a workable solution. That only happens when otherwise unrelated resources actually get together cooperate and share their findings.

Finally, I manage a resource of documents at keepandshare, that I have personally collated, that is not exclusively Marlin related, it is valid for multiple Marina, and Marina based vehicles, not just Marlin Roadsters. It’s a comprehensive resource, Parts lists, Workshop manuals, and my own experiences etc etc.

Are you suggesting that I should restrict my resource to solely members of the MOC? How would that help the broader community of enthusiasts?

Comment

Working...
                X