X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken throttle cable

Hi,
    I hope you all who went to Stoneleigh enjoyed their time, you could not fault the weather.
    I returned home to North Surrey and put the Cabrio to bed.
    On Monday I checked the car and decided to fill up with fuel, so off I went only to get a mile away when the throttle cable snapped.
    I rang my local mechanic (the wife) who came along with a ball of string, I rigged up a hand throttle and off we went back home.
    Upon investigation I found the the hole in the bulkhead and the top off the accerator pedal did not line up by about 30mm, so when at rest the cable was being bent at 90 degrees which caused the break.
    I removed the pedal and bent it back at the top so to make the alignment correct, so far so good.
    Now to find a new cable.
    Found that Burton Power stocked them, so looked on their web site and it showed a picture of it, did not look right.
    Looking at the picture enclosed, you will see that the ends of the cable are reversed, the outer cable with the large square bracket should have black female connector not the silver nipple.
    Anyway I ordered it and it came two days later.
    I cut of the nipple and removed the inner cable, I inserted it into my original outer cable and fitted a new solderless nipple with a clamping screw and re-fitted it.
    It works well so far
    I have also sent the broken cable to Speedy Cables to see if they can make 2 off them complete with nipples, will let you know.
    At least now I am back on the road again so my grandson will be happy again that I can pick him up from infants school.
    Attached Files

Re: Broken throttle cable

Speedy Cables have now made two for me.

Comment

Working...
    X