Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page  Click here to sign up

Thread: New at MOC

forum contributor

New at MOC

Hello together,

my Name is Pierre, comming from Germany, Soest wich is aprox.45km away from Dortmund.

I'm 43 years old and looking for a nice hobby with fun

So a couple of weeks ago a friend came to me and offer me a Marlin Hunter, i took the chance and think about to buy it

DSC_0320.JPG
    DSC_0323.JPG
    DSC_0333.JPG

frequent forum contributor Club Member stevepritch's Avatar

Re: New at MOC

Welcome, nice looking car.

frequent forum contributor Club Member

Welcome, yes, lovely car, nice engine!

Very smart. Welcome

Welcome to the club. Very nice car. When buying a Marlin it is important to check that the documents are all correct, especially in this case as presumably the car came from the UK and is now in Germany. It's a common mistake of a first time buyer to assume all is ok. If it all checks out then enjoy!

frequent forum contributor Club Member stevejgreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scott h View Post
    Welcome to the club. Very nice car. When buying a Marlin it is important to check that the documents are all correct, especially in this case as presumably the car came from the UK and is now in Germany. It's a common mistake of a first time buyer to assume all is ok. If it all checks out then enjoy!
    If it’s a factory built car, with no outlandish modifications, and German registered already, there should be no problems.
    In theory, pre Brexit, there is a pretty unified set of rules across Europe, the problems start when individual localities have not caught up.
    For example, here in Spain I would matriculate a car in Murcia as they are more on the ball than Valencia.
    MOC member since 05/97
    1984 Marlin Roadster SWB.
    1800TC, Unleaded ported head, stage 2 cam. Ford Type 9 gearbox, Dolomite Sprint rear axle fitted with MGF disc brakes.
    Three core radiator, Renault Clio vented front discs.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Loads of Marlin Reference can be found documents here or there.

frequent forum contributor Club Member Blue Marlin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizbillings View Post
    Very smart. Welcome
    I agree, very smart
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

forum contributor

Hello @ all,

thanks for the warm welcome. The Marlin is also registered with german historic numberplates, the car was a Kit build car.
    The father in law of my friend has experience with britisch kit cars since 30 years ( Ginetta, NG, Pilgrim a.s.o ).
    So I have confidence in his knowledge.
    The Marlin was bought from someone in Spain, near Valencia saw this on a sticker in the top left of the windshield.
    The Marlin has a big set of documents, also the original Flyer .
    I have to check them all when i have them complete on hand.

But all of you are right....this engine is very nice and powerfull, enough power to push you in the seat at every gear.
    and this with average 2500 - 3000 rpm

For this summer i will enjoy driving the Marlin and learn by reading the topics in this forum.

forum contributor

Just reading and surfing through tue forum and found my Marlin in the gallery 5119-DXB-Spain-was-MFJ-428.jpg

Well spotted ! For the archive it would be good to have pics of the car with the German reg...........my e mail details are in Pitstop

Thanks Dave Cunnington