Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRW SFK08 rear brake kit

Post.jpg

Hi, was planning to fit some new brake springs etc to my Roadster. I chose these and my problem is obvious. Has anyone tried to fit these? I have a 1.8 axle with self adjusters. The shoes say MK2 on them.

Derek
    Stumbling around in the dark
    Marina based SWB roadster
    Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Re: TRW SFK08 rear brake kit

Originally posted by Blue Marlin View Post
    [ATTACH]9994[/ATTACH]

Hi, was planning to fit some new brake springs etc to my Roadster. I chose these and my problem is obvious. Has anyone tried to fit these? I have a 1.8 axle with self adjusters. The shoes say MK2 on them.

Derek
    I had a similar issue and I documented the rear break rebuild on here a year or so back so you maybe lucky I may have details my findings. Will try and find the thread later. But yes, there are various types out there!
    - 9th owner of T693 SSC possibly a factory built Ford based V8 Sportster
    - 4th owner of Q309 RNV, an early Cabrio built by Bob Copping, owned Doug & Liz Billings for 16 years
    - 9th Custodian of JRR 929D, Triumph Vitesse based special Paul Moorehouse built prior to the Triumph Roadster kits.
    - 8th owner of Roadster chassis number 2395. Now owned by Barry!
    - Builder of chassis number 2325 (PKK 989M) in the mid 80's. Now owned by Eric & Lynne.

Comment

For auto adjust brakes the part numbers are the spring at the wheel cylinder is part number 37H 6140
      auto adj end is part number 37H6141
      I suspect the springs you have been supplied with are for manual adjuster brakes.

Another possible source would be Triumph Dolomite18/50 or late GT6 Mk3 with auto adjusters.
      Ben Caswell probably not the last word on anything here!!

Comment

Thanks for that guys. I'll be sending them back for a refund. I'll stick to the proper suppliers now, a lot less hassle
        Stumbling around in the dark
        Marina based SWB roadster
        Alfa Romeo 1750 with 5 speed box

Comment

Working...
        X