Click here to go to the code of conduct  Click here to go to the galleries  Click here to go to the video page  Click here to go to the SW Meets page  Click here to sign up
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lights!

frequent forum contributor Club Member greyV8pete's Avatar

Re: Lights!

Quote Originally Posted by jpmillington View Post
    Hi, I was feeling a bit frustrated with all of this, especially as earlier on I had been trying to repair my Quad tuner (which I’ve had for 35 years or so and which decided to blow up the other day) - replacing capacitors etc to no avail.

So, I thought I’d have a look at the connectors under the apron and the earth before it got dark - guess what? 10 minutes of cleaning/scraping and everything now appears to work fine. All I can say is thanks everyone.

Now, back to the Quad....
    As the saying goes, many hands make light(s) work! Glad you sorted it. Peter.

frequent forum contributor Club Member

Not to rub it in , with fiberglas cars ally caravans in fact most auto electric problems check the earth return first. Use a jumper lead from the battery earth to the iffy component, then work back. With caravans especially lighting faults are usually earth faults. Sometimes it is easier to put in a permanent earth return wire rather than fid a hidden corroded conection.

regular forum contributor Club Member

A little knowledge.... thanks, Dave