Painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting

I am in the final stages of building my Cabrio now looking for a company to spray the car.
    Can anybody let me know what is a typical cost to do this work and also recommend anyone in the Surrey / Middlesex / West London Area.
    Tel: 01932 784045
    e-mail [email protected]

Re: Painting

Message originally posted by: Mike Garner
    Hi Stewart
    I was quoted ?2,000 to spray my Cabrio, and thought that was a bit steep. I know some of the Roadster guys feel ?2K to ?4k is likely. I'm hoping to get a spray shop to do a good job for me for approx ?1,500. I'll be very interested to see what others have actually had to shell out.

Comment

Hello Stewart. My local wee oneman band quoted ?1400. After putting the job to the back of the queue for 8 weeks, I gave up and took the parts to Classic Restorations, who enthusiactically took the job on.. I am still waiting for the bill(last september!) but expect ?3000(?40 PH). You need someone with a good deal of space. They will charge extra for things like filling the alloy/glass join on the wings. Using paste and Filler it is not difficult to do.
      Note. Ensure the front wings are fitted low enough to prevent the bottom of the door touching it when it opens fully!
      At the end of the day you will probably get what you pay for. Good luck.
      Jonathan

Comment

Hi Mike and Jonathan,
        Thanks for your replies and comments, I have approached a few local outfits within 5 miles and have had quotes ranging from ?800 to ?3.5k plus vat. The first and most of the others I was not happy with their abilities and or facilities, the highest was a company that rebuilds Astons and alike and their operation was spot on but ?3.5k plus is just a bridge to far, I\'m not after a concourse finish, I would be too afraid to take out onto the road.
        Stewart

Comment

Working...
        X