MX5 Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX5 Seats

I've seen that quite a few Sportster owners are fitting Mazda MX5 seats. Does anyone happen to know if the Sportster and Cabrio have the same width cockpits (ie will the MX5 seats fit the Cabrio?). Thanks - Simon

Re: MX5 Seats

I considered mx5 seats for my LWB Cabrio but afer measuring the seats in a friends MX5 I decided they were way too wide on the base. I would imagine the Sportster must be wider in the floor pans.

Comment

HiSimon
      I've been watching your progress on your flickr site - very impressive.
      regarding seats and a problem with the width, I have drastic solution - cut the transmission tunnel out, and replace with one much narrower. I have been able to fit seats out of an Audi A4. I have then welded in recess floor plates to lower the seat height an they now fit snuggly.
      I do not know why the transmission tunnel was made so wide in the Cabrio, as there is no need for the centre UJ.

If you want any photos I'll gladly email them

Kind regards

Mike (M52 Engine)

Comment

Thanks for the useful information on the seats, it looks as though production car seats wont be an easy/cheap option unless I'm prepared to do some more major modifications. I am still some way off actually needing the seats but thought I'd keep an eye out just in case some bargains turn up! Thanks. Simon

ps - Pleased to hear that people are following my progress on the Flickr website:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marlin_bmw_cabrio/

Comment

Hi Simon

I like you looked for production seats that would fit for some time, in the end I came across seats from a Suzuki Cappucino. They fit really well in the car and are in my opinion far more comfortable than the Marlin seats or Richfield etc...They are hard to find but I came across a guy in the South who breaks Cappucinos, I paid ?120 for the pair for mine but you will need to add the cost of a retrim into your colours. I put Bob in Hull in touch with the same guy and he sourced some for Bob. He fitted them in his LWB Cabrio and put it through SVA no problems.

Have tried to post pictures but the forum for some reason doesn't seem to want to take the post, never had problems before. If pictures are of interest let me have an email address and I will send a picture to you.

John

Comment

Hi John

Thanks for the information on the Suzuki seats and I would be interested to see some photos. My email address is [email protected].

Best Regards

Simon

Comment

Simon

Check your mail

John

Comment

Working...
              X