X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover V8 in Marlin Cabrio

Message originally posted by: Juan Miguel Frey
    Hi people, Lanzarote calling.
    Help needed urgently. I would like to install a Rover V8 (3.5 carb.) in my Cabrio. Base Ford Sierra 1.8 with Ford transmission. Factory built in 1993.I tried several to get in touch with Terry at Marlin cars, but no reply. Never.So, what shall I do? Who can help me with the needed
    informations.

Many thanks in advance
    Juan MiguelFrey de la Asomada

Re: Rover V8 in Marlin Cabrio

The person you need to talk to is Derek Jones[see MoC representives] He has a Cabrio V8 and is likely to have the information you require,however he has recently moved house so please be patient if he does not respond straight away.I do have a build manual which has some info for the fitment of V8 which I'll gladly photocopy and post if you require.

Comment

Message originally posted by: Juan MiguelFrey
      Hi Alan,
      thanks for the inf.

Juan Miguel

Comment

Hi Juan Miguel
        I have a 3.5 V8 Cabrio with carbs. i finally finished it in 2001. It is an early Short Wheel Base car. Do you know what chassis number yours is or when it was built? If you have any specific questions my email address is [email protected].
        You will need a V8 gearbox. A high capacity Radiator. The exhaust is a bit of a challenge and the wiring nearly drove me to extinction, but there are a good number of V8's around so nothing is insermountable.
        Are you doing the work yourself?

Comment

Working...
        X