Another Berlinetta through SVA!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Berlinetta through SVA!!

I finally managed to get my Berlinetta through SVA last Monday!! I failed on three items two weeks earlier.

Wheel studs were a little short.

Radius on oassengers side of the dash not quite rounded enough.

SVA compliant Aston fuel cap failed as it protruded more than 50mm from body.

Not sure if I can face stripping it down for spraying quite yet, so may just use it as it is for a little while. It will also give me a chance to choose a few additional bits such as new mirrors etc.

Time for a new project!!

Re: Another Berlinetta through SVA!!

Good lawd - they are thorough! Very well done; there will be a few others giving a sigh of relief to that news!

Wheel studs - did they take the wheels off for a look, or were they open-ended nuts and they spotted the ends of the studs being a tad too short?

Dash radius, for pity's sakes...

Congratulations!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Sue Roedel (MOC Editor)
      Yeah I know! I'm so glad SVA didn't exist when we built mine!

Well done Huw!

Comment

Message originally posted by: Danny Nelson.
        Very well done Hugh. I look forward to meeting you and your car.

Comment

Hi Donnie,

I had to take the nuts off and he counted how many of he threads were dirty. I agree that they were too short so didnt mind that one too much. It was the other two that were most annoying.
          Getting some strange noises from the back axle now I have used it a bit. It feels like there is something loosee, but it looks fine from underneath!!

Comment

Cheers, Huw. Thorough indeed!

What kind of noise are you talking about? Clunks when you accelerate/decelerate? Rumble on gentle power/over-run? What is the axle from, and how old?

Comment

There is a clunk when you decelerate and a very hard thud which feels like its right under the seats when you accelerate quite hard. Its off either a 1300 or 1600 Cortina, but thinking of putting the one off a 2000 estate I have. I also know that the propshaft is a little too long and could do with about an inch taking off as you can just get it to touch the seal on grearbox if you put some weight on the back end!!

Comment

Can you 'feel' the thud when you accelerate - could the prop be touching the transmission tunnel?

From what you say, you'll be taking it all apart pretty soon amyway! Good luck with it.

(Sounds like the typical teething problems with a new build!)

But getting it through SVA - what a triumph!

Comment

You're talking about "Le clonk". i used to get that. I can't remember what solved it. Either nylon bushes, or racking the brake ratchet up a bit (not sure if I have said that right)or adjusting the propshaft. But it did get sorted......

Comment

Working...
                  X